Thread: Awesome People
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #208
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

An unnamed elementary school girl in Washington state and her teacher Rachel Uretsky-Pratt:

Child with 'nothing to give' sacrifices Lucky Charms marshmallows for teacher

Quote:
Name:  The Best Part.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  37.2 KB
To help put your life into perspective:

Today was the last day before our winter break. We will have two weeks off to rest with our families and loved ones over the holidays then head back to school in 2019.

With it being the day before break and Christmas right around the corner, most teachers bring their kiddos something such as books or little treats and occasionally in return receive something from their students.

Today I received some chocolates, sweet handmade notes, some jewelry, but these Lucky Charm marshmallows stood out to me the most.

You see, 100% of my school is on free/reduced lunch. They also get free breakfast at school every day of the school week. This kiddo wanted to get me something so badly, but had nothing to give.

So rather than give me nothing, this student opened up her free breakfast cereal this morning, took the packaging of her spork, straw, and napkin, and finally took the time to take every marshmallow out of her cereal to put in a bag—for me.

Be grateful for what you have, and what others give you. It all truly comes from the deepest parts of their hearts.

Happy Holidays. ��
Quote:
Uretsky-Pratt said that when the children presented their gifts, she accepted the bag of marshmallows much like all the other ones – "thank you so much, sweetie.”

But the child's simple sacrifice wasn't lost on her: “No one likes Lucky Charms without the marshmallows," Uretsky-Pratt mused.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote