View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #5
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Oh yeah, I remember riding bikes, and being gone all day with no supervision....as long as you were home before the street lights came on, it was no biggie.

We used to play WAR in the woods near our house, me, my best friend, her brother, and his friends. We'd dig holes and cover them with pine needles to hide them (I'm surprised no one ever broke an ankle), we'd hide in trees and throw stuff at each other, and the slingshot was the weapon of choice....lol

It just seems as if there's so much technology nowadays that kids never leave the house. I was outside all day, every day, when I was a kid. We HATED being in the house, even if there WAS a TV there.

Speaking of which....Saturday morning cartoons! I miss those. The Cartoon Channel isn't the same. They don't have the good old-fashioned cartoons (old-fashioned, for me, anyway. I used to watch BlackStar, Dungeons and Dragons, Drac Pack, Laff-A-Lympics, stuff like that)....everything's Anime now, and I can't STAND anime. It's too melodramatic. I loved getting up on Saturday morning, sitting in front of the TV for hours, eating dry cereal and watching cartoons. Matter of fact, I bought Schoolhouse Rock on DVD for my daughter. She LOVES it.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote