View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #38
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I think I got the quantities and/ or the cooking time/ temp wrong.
Mine were really big, really crumbly and the recipe made about 2000. Seriusly, it was like the Sorceror's Apprentice in my kitchen. I was cooking them in batches and there was no room in the oven, on the baking tray, on the cooling tray and there was still more dough!

Can't say I was keen. I ate about 5 over the course of a couple of days. Which was about 1% of what I made. I gae the rest away to neighbours, Grandad and Mum's friend who I know has a sweet tooth. They were very much like (English) biscuits, except less like a biscuit and more like a chemical weapon against teeth.

Now you might ask why I never considered how much dough the ingredients would make. NO. I'm bad with numbers. I didn't start to get concerned until AFTER I'd put the dry ingredients in.

You might also ask whether I considered something rolled in sugar might be too sweet for my palate. NO. That's just silliness on my part I think. I think I though (!) there might be some sort of magic alchemy that would transform them.

It was a fun experiment, but I can't relay my measurements as promised, because mine turned out so odd, so I know there was something wrong.
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote