Thread: West Yorkshire
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #14
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

So the next phase is getting up there for my Orientation.

From what I gathered from my phone call, they want me there for 01/05/14, but that's not my official start date. It can't be anyway; I told them that I had a commitment here on Tuesday 6, which is the day Mum & I are going to London together. No way am I blowing that off, we have the whole day planned and tickets booked. Anything after that is fair game.

But the plan is for me to hire a car (ARGH!) take up as much as I can fit in which isn't essential to my living here, and the Diz-monster.
I put Diz in a cattery (double ARGH!) collect the keys, move in what I have with me and then drive back same night.
Exhausting but I can deal with that.
Expensive but Mum will pay for that.

Then I move whenever my truly wonderful friend and I/ my branch/ Otley branch can agree on a date. That's my proper move. I leave it maybe another day and then rescue my poor abandoned boy from the cattery via taxi.

It's all still quite terrifying, but it's the only way we can think of to make it work.
I can't turn up with Diz as soon as I move in - too obvious. And Mum wants him to have his jabs (Monday) and experience of a cattery because she wants to take me on holiday with them in September. She's paying, but she says it will be worth it to get some sun. She can't cope on her own with Dad abroad or travelling any more, and can't leave him at home alone.

September is another planet to me now.
Just let me get to the end of May safely.