View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 05:37 AM   #2780
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I feel like I'm in a super-slow game of chicken and it's driving me insane and I just want it to stop.

April left her job last month...unfortunately, I cannot go into the specifics of the situation, as there may be litigation on the horizon due to what led to her departure. In short, she did nothing wrong. We originally made the decision to move in with her mom next month, as our lease is up, and moving in with her would prevent us from blowing through our savings and/or racking up debt.

Then two weeks ago, she started an interview process with Washington University, St. Louis' most prestigious college. She was one of 34 candidates for this job...by last Thursday, she was one of 2. They want to get someone in to do this job ASAP, so a decision was to be made by yesterday.

No call yesterday...but they lagged on the second interview process as well.

If April gets this job, it is a nice pay increase over her last job and would allow us to stay in our apartment--something that we want, her mom wants and our landlord wants. Talk about a beast...our landlord offered to defer our rent if we signed a new lease.

Anyway, we just want an obvious sign--a phone call, an e-mail, a letter. Something tangible that says, "You're our new director" or "Sorry, we've gone in a different direction." If she doesn't hear anything by the end of today, she's going to call tomorrow to find out the status of the position.

I just want to know so that we can move on with our life. April is already beating herself up because she feels like she's fucked our life up due to quitting her job. I've tried to tell her that that's just not true--you should have seen her just before she left her job...what a mess that was. If we have to move in with her mom for 6 months to a year, I can deal with that. Her mom is the one that offered in the first place. She drives me nuts sometimes, but she's cool...cooler than my own mom.

So in short, if you all could pray/chant/will a sign to us today, that would be splendiferous. Thank you.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote