View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #2785
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I had an HM situation like that. We still don't speak. I did make an effort to be cordial after I left, but my HM was jealous of my new place after she was invited over. So she couldn't keep her trap shut about how I managed to pull it off, after the short period of time she gave me to move out. Part of her wanted to see me couch surf. That did not happen, and the new place ended up being small but very cool. I quit talking to her after years of friendship because she made me uncomfortable after I saw her true colors, and her character was not that, of a friend. Jealous, spiteful, really attention mongering, and maybe she carried all this the whole time. Maybe she was helping me so she could tell others how good she was for it, and silently enjoyed my temporary imbalance. In any case, we never made amends though I made several attempts. Once I gave her some money because she seemed like she needed it. She took it, but seemed bent about that too. In retrospect, I believe she never was a friend and I might have been a little naive about the nature of our relations. Not that that would have changed anything. When I moved in with her, I needed to. Her attitude showing, at that point, wouldn't have changed anything about my need for shelter. I did what I had to do and repayed some of it. I feel ok about it. But if she is still anything like she used to be, she feels worse because she always did. And most of it has very little to do with me. I was briefly there for the show.

She did mention that she quit feeding the kitty that used to come over every day. As if it were my kitty and she was going to punish it. I doubt your ex HM is anything like mine, Sundae. But we never should have talked or made friends in the first place. If I had known she was oil and I was water from the first time we met, it might be different. I regret mostly, that I wasn't a better person at the time, and let myself go deeper into financial ruin. It's too bad there was someone there to watch it, and love it.

We will never make amends. And I do not mind. My long-winded point? These things take time, after the fact, to get a handle sometimes. Don't feel weird, it might be someone else trying to make you feel that way out of some strange satisfaction, wait and see.

Kind of like what Dana said. We were never suited to being friends, muchless any type of living arrangement.....She's just low and mean. God was she mean. It's taken me a long time to say that.