View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 01:08 AM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It's the commies, they quit the cold war and ruined everything, no more full employment, strong unions, high tax rates, nor a chicken in every pot.
Now they skulk in alleys frightening urban foxes and defacing mid century communications mediums. Oh, the humanity.

At least they caught the perp that burned the outhouse. Took six months but there was no police force.
There were three selectmen, one was up for election every year, and the one up next was the Chief of Police for that year which means he got any mail addressed to the police. Oh, and he had a Chief badge. Only saw Pop flash it once, at an asshole hunter too close to the house. They had two part time uniformed cops that directed traffic by the two churches on Sunday, and kept town meetings and elections orderly. I think that was a legal requirement but I doubt if either cop was legal. The State Police covered the town.
I suspect they just listened and waited for somebody to brag or talk, then have a chat. We know you did it, pay for the damage and it will go away, or we can call the staties to lock you up and go through the courts and newspapers. Much rural law and order worked that way up until the mid 60s.
Attached Images