View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #36
TheDaVinciChode
Chews Food Coming In, And Going Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Why do we drink? The reasons are as many as stars in the Skyy Vodka - and it's not the Why it's the What Happens that matters anyway.
The "why" is far more important, than the "what happened."

Physically - You gain weight, you destroy your liver, and various other parts of your body.

Emotionally - You become depressed (it is, after all, a depressive,) withdrawn, dependant.

Spiritually - You feel a great deal of shame, regret, and remorse.

So much for a "break from the torments of life."

Addiction is simply another term for being unable to find a "suitable vice." A term we label people who do something, these days, that we consider "socially unacceptable." Basically - It's a cop out. "I'm addicted, I can't help it." That's not true, anyone can help it.

I mean, look at the OP. She feels shamed for drinking less than most people would eat chocolate, or junk food... That's nothing to be ashamed of, but, she feels it, because she's, at some point or another, been labelled "addicted" to the alcohol. Isn't that a tad unfair? There's nothing to be ashamed of, for drinking LESS than a large portion of this country, Sundae. Ignore the label, forget it, completely.

Without the "label" of "alcoholic," of "addicted..." What would a random nobody think, of you drinking for one night, or two, of a seven day week? Even if you did it, every week? Nothing. How would you feel, about the same? Not a care.

Remove the label, and you'll find that you're already better.

Then you just need to replace it for physical reasons, because the emotional, and spiritual reasons, should never've been there, to start with...

I've read around, that you're on a diet, I believe? You've made tremendous progress, too. In that, I applaud you. So, if you've only got to deal with alcohol, in terms of a diet... I'm sure you're more than well-equipped to do so. Replace one vice, with a more physically acceptable substitute. Diet it away.

Couldn't be simpler. Drop the label, you don't deserve it. Diet the alcohol away, you deserve to be healthy.

But, who am I to say? I'm nobody.