View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #228
monster
I hear them call the tide

I was unable to marshal the County Summer Swim Championships this year, even though being able to do so was a condition I placed on my acceptance of the job

But the new Head Marshal is doing a great job, I hear, and I am so proud of her no-one "adult" could be found and I was asked to ask her.... she thought about it and decided to accept the challenge ....then her high school swim coach (who coaches for the biggest and bestest summer team and gets an unusual amount of say because it's held at "her" pool (i.e. Skyline)) tried to say she was too young and inexperienced and it wasn't fair to her to let her do it... but she didn't have any better suggestions so ..... Polo Girl is rocking it. (so I hear)

And Goalie Boy (who only swims in summer and swam under duress this year) came in 10th in the IM and went a 26 on the 50 free- faster than the best ever of his two-year-older 4-year-Varsity swimming sib.....

Camo Kid didn't miss a race (just) and didn't get DQd in the fly..... so victory all round