View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Girly Doctors More Better

You’re less likely to die if your Doctor is female, according to a new study from Harvard.

Quote:
Researchers from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health looked at 1.5 million elderly Medicare patient hospitalizations between 2011 and 2014, focusing on 30-day death and hospital-readmission rates. During the study period, patients who were treated by female internists had slightly lower mortality rates (11.07 percent, as opposed to 11.49 percent) and lower readmission rates (15.02 percent, compared to 15.57 percent) than those treated by male internists.
Well that's my category of patient and if I were hospitalized I would have more incentive to survive with a female Doctor.
If Ortho came to take care of me I would be immoral immortal.

Quote:
In the study, which was published in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, researchers noted that, though the differences in patient mortality rates between male and female doctors may be “modest,” the findings mean that approximately “32 000 fewer patients would die if male physicians could achieve the same outcomes as female physicians” each year.
link