View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #265
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
You can buy/ download much better pics of landmarks than you can ever take. Why not have a pic of someone you love in front of it, so you can treasure that for years to come? The monument will not change. Your lover will.

I learned a lot, being a solo traveller. Photos of famous landscapes have already been done. It's the intimate that speaks to people and evokes memories. Hence my pictures of... me... and food... and me and food...
Can definitely see what you're saying, but I'm talking more about when someone shows you their holiday snaps and everyone single one is a photo of them in the same pose with the same forced smile in front of a different landmark.

Occasionally, not often, I've surprised myself with an amazing photo of some scenery which had I put myself or someone else in it, wouldn't have been nearly as good.

Having said that, another reason is that I generally, don't like photos of myself (which is one reason I have never posted any of myself on this forum).

Any speaking of being in photos that you're not sure about, I was walking through one of the squares today (there aren't many here) and I saw someone point a camera, probably purely because I'm a Caucasian) and was very glad I had my sunglasses on.

Last edited by casimendocina; 04-17-2011 at 11:24 AM.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote