View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #35
Squawk
Peoploid

I almost won the prize this NYE. I was about to leave my flat at around 7.30pm when I found the lock had seized on my front door and I couldn't get out. Fortunately I remembered I had a pair of mole grips in one of my four tool boxes, so I tried to turn the knob with them. It turned, but didn't open the latch. Shit. Then I thought I would unscrew the fixing on the door frame, but the screws were covered in paint. Ah! I'll hammer a screwdriver into the screw heads so I can turn them. Shit, my sister's got my hammer. Ah! I've got a lump hammer I found in a park bin at work! But no luck bashing off the paint, and back to square one. I was now thinking, how am I going to get a locksmith out on New Year's Eve? Also, it's going to cost me a fortune. Then I tried unscrewing the four screws on the lock itself, but it was still wedged between the catch and the outside lock barrel. Then I remembered I also had a swan neck wrecking bar I'd found in the same park bin, and was finally able to lever off the lock and escape from my flat. And go to the party!

Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Squawk is offline   Reply With Quote