View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
For me, the 4th pot of coffee in the day is often gastroigneous.
And the first three pots are just fine?

Anybody else either impressed or scared by the volume?

I surprised myself last night.

I squandered an opportunity, but even I was intimidated by what I am about to describe.

I was out to eat after a long stretch of funerary duties. I had some completely awesome bourbon barrel stout. But I had a bit of trouble deciding what I want to eat. I'm a terrible person to eat with because of this, usually the waitress has to come back twice, and finally I just tell everyone else to order because that will pressure me into a decision.

But I figured things out right quick yesterday.

I had a meatloaf pannini, which is meatloaf, cheese, garlic massed potatoes, and bacon on flatbread, served with homemade potato chips. But that's not the important part of the story.

I had this wonderful thing in lieu of The Turtle Burger.

It was cute. It's shaped like a turtle. How do you make a burger shaped like a turtle? First, you don't kill any turtles. It said so on the menu. Then you take six ounces of ground beef. You surround that in cheese. Then you make a lattice out of ... bacon. 10 slices of thick bacon. Oh, and because it's still not really looking like a turtle, you arrange three hot dogs to make the legs and head. And serve it all on a LeBus roll.

There may have been some mashed potatoes involved too. I forget. Call that traumatic forgetting. I was totally overwhelmed by the description.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote