Thread: The Sex Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 01:02 PM   #24
headsplice
Relaxed

Let's not talk about sex in a sex thread?
Oy! Stop not sharing what you're smoking!
My love life is in an odd place. My g/f just moved down here (as did I). But, we didn't live in the same city before hand. So, we went from not seeing each other but once a month to seeing each other every day, with very little outside social contact. When she first moved down (about six weeks ago) everything was very hot and heavy. Then, the little things started to get in the way. I'm a fairly physically intimate person. I like holding hands and kissing. Sometimes in public, most often not. But recently, everything has gotten strange. I'm not sure if the strangeness comes from us trying to figure out each other's quirks or if there is something deeper troubling us. However, I have noticed a distinct lack of initimacy and not just in the bedroom. She came home from three days away (not long, I realize) and the first time she saw me, I got a peck on the lips for a kiss. There were other people around (in another room) and I wasn't really expecting a full game of tonsil-hockey right then and there, but when I went in for a little more than a peck, she pulled away. She pulled away even more when I realized that she might be uncomfortable with a more passionate kiss and tried to give her a bigger hug.
I'm mature enough to realize that physical initmacy and emotional intimacy are closely related. However, as a question to the ladies, does that include non-sexual intimacy (kissing, hugging, holding hands, etc...) as well? Frankly, it's a little disturbing that when things get a little less that perfect, she doesn't want to be near me.