View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #86
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Ugh. He's been weird. Some good bits, some worse-than-usual bits. Then yesterday he swung from great to terrible immediately after eating lunch (a sandwich on wheat bread.) I started to wonder, and realized I would never really be able to stop wondering... so fuck it. This diet is so hard already, we might as well just go full GFCF. Rip the bandaid off.

So far he's eaten a whole lot of refried beans on corn tostadas, and several varieties of fruit. Turned down the fake-Cheerios in rice milk after one bite, wouldn't even take a bite of the peanut butter sandwich made with gluten-free bread, which I baked my damn self after he went to bed last night. Oh, and Mr. Clod complained about the smell of the bread--not that it was bad, mind you, just "weird." He's since instant messaged me to let me know he can somehow still smell it at work and he thinks he's going insane. Yeah, me too, buddy.

But in the bad-news-that's-good-news department, Minifob was nice and grumpy about his new diet for the Early Childhood Intervention evaluation today, so he qualifies for "services." They want to do a bunch of stuff with pictures, some of which I'm optimistic about, like a posterboard with pictures of all the different foods he's allowed to eat. That will help me as much as him. Gluten is in fucking everything. Why does my turkey lunchmeat need to have wheat in it, you cheap additive-filling-space-wasting bastards?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote