View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 AM   #2781
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

One of our artists has just told me that HM turned up here last night and asked if we wanted to adopt Hely as she obviously prefers it here to there.

I'm still trying to put my finger on exactly why that's upset me - but it has. I feel really sad about it, and a little angry, although I suspect I am being unfair.

I think it's because she's such a lovely cat and I feel as if she's been rejected. I think also it's because I feel he never made an effort with her when I lived there, and I suspect he didn't after I left, although of course I can't be sure of that. I think also it's because it shows a lack of care - he spoke to an artist who is rarely here, and although he doesn't know that, apparently he didn't even ask. The artists who spoke to him was really puzzled as to why this random man had turned up and was trying to get rid of his cat.

Anyway, I should just take a deep breath and clear the butterflies. This does not have to be a confrontation. I'll get Deb to go and speak to him - there'll be no personal aspect to it then. She's spoken before about adopting Hely formally. All it would take would be a litter tray in here, so that she didn't have to be kicked out overnight. And I'd have to make sure I got some dried food in to supplement her diet and put some water down too.

After all, I already groom her, give her flea treatments and check her health. And if she'd ever gone missing or appeared i'll I'd have taken responsibility for that too. Her collar is round here somewhere - I'll put it back on her so people know she's not a stray. I might even get a tag for it, so it's all official.

Thank you, I'm feeling a bit better now.

UPDATE - I'm getting two different stories. Ben and Anya say Steve came looking for her and Ben explained that hs ekept getting locked in, So Steve said he would come by every evening to pick her up and take her home. He did so, but when Ben went into the yard later she was there and followed him back in. I have a feeling that he spoke to Sid after this, but the only way I'll know is if he turns up tonight. I'm going to leave on time. I'm such a coward but I don't want to see him.

For the record I did leave him a card when I moved the last of my stuff out, to thank him for everything he's done. And yet since I've moved I've become really wary of seeing him, as if I've done something really awful to him. I don't know why.

Last edited by Sundae; 10-28-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote