View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #38
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I
I am at the library of a university near me. I am trying to find something. They have a card catalog, and apparently no computerized version. In the course of my research I learn that they do have a computer catalog, but not everything is in it. In the interests of completing the project, they have bar code readers which patrons can borrow and use to catalog items. I decide to take one and do my part by putting in a few items, but I become very frustrated after being unable to type in titles accurately.

II
I am at some kind of event, kind of a cross between a religious service and a graduation, where an institution is honoring a long-term employee. I am there, although several floors above the main event, watching. I am taken by surprise when I learn that one part of the (exceedingly long) ceremony is devoted to the commemoration of several useful things I have done. Nobody has warned me about this (in fact the citation in my honor is at least half incorrect), and there is a minor to-do as it's discovered I'm not downstairs on the dais where I'm supposed to be.

III
I'm playing in an orchestra. We're doing a piece which, though not exactly hard, is notated in an unusual way. (The beat is a double whole note, and there are four beats per measure.) I am meeting in a room in some kind of building with two of the young college students who recently joined the orchestra to help them understand ho the piece is put together, so they'll finally be able to play it correctly.

IV
I'm on the way to a conference with my daughter's teachers. In order to get there I need to make my way through a US highway that I normally take to and from work. At the moment, however, there is about a 2-mile stretch of construction that I have to hike over. (Alternate routes don't seem to be in evidence.) I meet up with a woman who is, in the dream, one of my daughter's teachers, but is in reality a professor I work with sometimes. We end up going over the last half mile or so together.

These were all on one night. Some common thread?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote