View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #2025
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Back to this, although not in an irritated state of mind. I just figured it was more honest to put the two posts together.

A little irritation just because Mum changes the story (apparently Breda should have gone striaght to hospital on Thursday, but she was begging not to - she has a horror of our local hospital because she used to work there.) Mum forgets she thought the daughter - N - was over-reacting and should listen to her Mum's wishes. Mum was therefore vindicated when Breda went to the hospice. Except she has to be transferred to a hospital when she deteriorated, which is where she is now. And it turns out because she went from hospice to hospital and it's not an infection, it's all cancer related, there are problems with her going back to the hospice. Mum says, "If she'd have gone into hospital on Thursday none of this would have happened!"

But the above is forgiveable. No-one really remembers what they said when things were going down, and hindsight is pure gold, even at today's prices.

Mum broke down tonight. She was crying and everything. Wish she did that more often. Sad that she did I mean, and I know she's under a lot of emotional pressure, but if she let it out more it would be easier to handle.

She says she has no-one to talk to. I can empathise with that - even though I can't completely believe it's true for her. But even if it's not true, when you feel like that the world is so much more overwhelming. I can't help her, but I'll do what I can. Will put requests for thoughts for Breda in the cancer thread.