View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 03:51 PM   #9
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
"There's a bathroom on the right." (creedence clearwater revivial, Bad Moon Rising)
I've known many people to make this mistake, but never understood it... the phrase "I see a bad mood rising" occurs many times in the song and is quite clear... indeed the very title of the song is "Bad Mood Rising." I think context should indicate the true words there, since it's basically the same phrase rearranged. But I suppose if someone wasn't paying attention to the song's lyrics at large, and they misheard that particular line, it would draw their attention and become memorable.

When I was young and stupid, I thought the opening phrase to Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl," which says "Hey, where did we go," was actually saying "Hey Rodrigo!" I made the mistake of singing along with the song when it came on the radio, and the friend I was with gave me shit for months over it. I got back at him though, when he sang the opening line of "Bits and Pieces" by the Dave Clark Five as "Amadeus's bits and pieces" rather than "I'm in pieces, bits and pieces."

Part of the problem, I think, is that many songs have lyrics that make little or no sense, so we're accustomed to strangeness and don't question our odd interpretations.