View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:47 AM   #249
Snakeadelic
Banned

glatt, I'm going to try that sometime when my brain isn't as broken as it is currently...ALL of my physical therapy just came to a crashing halt, with no replacement activities available. Meanwhile, a couple more images...Name:  celebrity.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  176.0 KB like me hanging out with a celebrity of sorts! The skull is a scaled-down cast of Sue, the biggest and most complete T-rex we have.

Name:  today_we_walk_lightly.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  40.6 KB Once a year in late summer or early fall we generally get one bitty bat hiding out underneath our porch, which is wooden planks with gaps between. I've rescued a few before other tenants could complain and lead to the poor thing having to be killed; watching nature documentaries for 40 years has given me a pretty good idea how to help, and the local wildlife rehabber says I do a great job when it's needed. For the record, if you need to move a single bat to a safer location, wear leather gloves, handle them very gently, and place them in a clean, dry container to transport. I use a small Sterilite bin with ventilation holes drilled in it, and when moving bats I fill it with dry paper towels--learned that when one WOULD NOT let go of a glove, so I stuck the glove in with and the bat climbed inside because the suede reminded it of being in a colony, surrounded on all sides. The rehabber took charge of that one and once it had recovered she even brought back my glove.

As might be implied if you recognized my shirt from the first pic, one of the earliest revelations about me is that OMG I AM SUCH A HUGE GODZILLA FAN. When I met my biker neighbor almost 7 years ago, he vaguely remembered loving old monster movies he'd watched long before the skull fractures and other injuries mangled his detail memory. I spend a lot of time functioning as a volunteer care provider for him, and now we watch tons of kaiju movies...so many, so often, that when his cerebral palsy required him to swap out his Dyna Street Bob for a trike, he wanted a custom plate. With all of Montana having a population less than Pugetropolis alone, he had no trouble getting the one he wanted. Name:  custom_plate.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  82.3 KB For those who don't zone out on Toho flicks, that particular MechaGodzilla (figurine) is nicknamed 'Kiryu' in the two movies it's in, and the IMDb trivia page says the nickname means 'mechanical dragon'. We're not gonna try attaching the figurine to the trike, but it would be SUPER AWESOME to find a local airbrush artist who could put the glowing sparkle-yellow eyes and red racing stripes on Kiryu's face on the trunk lid of the trike...
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote