View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #4
glatt

8) what grade school art project were you most proud of/do you remember most vividly (and why, if you care to share....)

Grade school. That was K-6 in my town. Easy answer. I was in 2nd grade. In some sort of free time in class, you could go to different stations, and I chose to play with the clay. It was that gray stuff that had a distinctive smell and was kind of oily. Anyway, I really got into it. I made a witch's face. An amazing portrait. Never before had anyone in the second grade made anything so impressive. The other students were all talking about how good it was. It was generally agreed that I was the best ever. The witch had a crooked nose with a wart, and very detailed strands of hair poking out under her hat. She had a buckle on her hat, like a pilgrim.

Free time was over, so I left the portrait in the clay station. On the walk home, my friend, Timmy Smith, was complimenting me on how detailed the witch was.

The next day, during free time, Joey decided he was going to play with the clay. And he was about to destroy my witch to make something else. So of course I went to the teacher and explained very reasonably that it would be a travesty of justice to destroy such a masterpiece. It had to be shared with the world.

But she said that the clay was for the whole class to use, and I got to use it yesterday. Today was Joey's turn. He crumpled my amazing witch portrait up into a ball and made some dumb thing or other.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote