View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #15
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by be-bop
As a guy I am fed up hearing all this crap about women's bodies give us guy's a break.
Women often put their apperance down in front of other ppl in order to get their compliment. they aren't feeling self-esteem and they need that to lift them up. If men were more forthcoming with compliments this might not happen...BUT the woman shouldn't need that anyway. Even I need it sometimes though and get pouty if my b/f doesn't seem to notice when I try more than other times.

Quote:
It's not guys that put pressure on women to look good wear the right clothes,use the right makeup it's other women...
I agree, for the most part thats true, just not many women recognize that in themselves. The one day I wore make up to school (a couple of yrs ago) i ended up crying b/c the girls kept telling me "how much prettier you are when you try!" I always try...I just put more emphasis on my skin and natural looks (cute freckles, bluish-green eyes, oval face, long lashes) then I do on faking those things

Quote:
Women's magazines written by women
Women's tv shows presented and written by women
I have to disagree...there are men on those staffs, they most likely have/have had a male owner, and there has probably also been a male chief editor...men do play there part. Partially by not speaking out against it enough either.

Quote:
I listen to my wife and daughter discussing stuff they've read in hair magazines or fashion magazines and i can't belive how much of the crap they swallow.
So girls can this shit, throw away the magazines buy and use what you feel happy with stop believing the hype it's only there to separate you from your hard earned cash..
Have them read this article by Susan Bordo and she has some other good articles...it might open their eyes a bit. Good luck I know it must be hard being the only man in a house full of girls. :-)