View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #905
glatt

I like Jim. I think he's a genuinely good guy. You can point to many things that show this, but the most obvious are all the community building things he's done like the car and the t-shirts. Another thing about Jim is that he's a mischievous joker. It sometimes rubs people the wrong way. I've seen people criticize him numerous times over the years, and he always stands up to them. We even have memes devoted to it, "my sister died on 9/11." His humor is welcome, as far as I'm concerned.

I saw BigV criticize Jim recently, and said nothing because I've seen it numerous times before, and thought Jim didn't need defending. I'm still confused about why it's a big deal this time. If he was kind of expecting to be defended, then I'm sorry I didn't speak up to say that he's a good guy.

I don't generally get involved in conflict. Don't want to pick sides. But I think it's worth saying that Jim's a good guy. I hope you both come back. We lost LabRat, and don't need to lose another pair of pillars.

I'm still a little bewildered by much of this. I'm guessing it's partially because I don't do chat. I get the feeling that a lot goes on in chat that I don't see.

I hope you both come back. But maybe that makes me a taker.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote