View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #9
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

I had professional help with the gas and electrics, the cooker has been replaced with a safer model (fitted with thermocouples), the gas unit for the fridge has been overhauled, and the interior lights have been replaced with LED ones (except the chandelier, we could not source an LED fitting for that so it's an old-fashioned incandescent bulb). I also had two of the compressed-gas struts (that help to raise the ends when you life the roof) replaced. I'll try to photograph them in their housing when folding/unfolding Fanny sometime.
The thing the I'm proudest of (of my own efforts) is transforming the wardrobe from a rather useless space with a rail on which were ten loops for clothes hangers into a very useful space with "shelves" capable of holding all the clothes for Mr Limey and me.
The thing I've spent most time thinking about is the loo ... After identifying that the smallest Portapotty (portable flushing toilet) would fit in a storage bin under one of the seats, it seemed to be an awful palaver for those midnight weewees. So I reviewed all of the bucket-and-chuck-it and bag-it-and-bin-it options and am delighted to discover that the top part of this (http://www.popaloo.co.uk/) sits securely over the storage bin, and when not in use it stores conveniently in there, too.
We're just about ready to roll!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk