Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #12391
monster
I hear them call the tide

Old 02-09-2020, 06:21 PM   #12392
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Does that mean you have to come back before spring break?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:22 PM   #12393
monster

It means you're upsetting me with your insensitive/assholish comments. I hope you step on a lego.

I think I lied about the happy thing anyway. It's scaring the shit out of me. But I'm packed and I'm doing it. I have no hotels booked, just flights and a car. Not novice to roadtripping, just novice to doing it alone. oh well. No going back now unless they decide I look like a terrorist or coronavirus courier.....
Old 02-09-2020, 10:31 PM   #12394
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

That doesn't work for me. Have a safe trip anyway.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:36 PM   #12395
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Florida is up to their ass in hotels and motels, that won't be a problem. You can do this standing on your head.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:48 PM   #12396
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I had Spencer over this weekend. We spent the day out in the shop playing with tools. He's making a bowl out of some burled cherry I had. I think he might be warming to the idea of coming to live with us.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:50 PM   #12397
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm going to Florida.

on Monday
We are too. Key west. Look us up.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:35 AM   #12398
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
...unless they decide I look like a terrorist or coronavirus courier.....
Do not wear your hijab, and try not to sniff too much.

Have a good time.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:27 AM   #12399
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
I had Spencer over this weekend. We spent the day out in the shop playing with tools. He's making a bowl out of some burled cherry I had. I think he might be warming to the idea of coming to live with us.
This sounds like a great idea.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:50 AM   #12400
monster

I saw pologirl play polo yesterday. She was awesome, of course. She didn't start either of the two games because they were easy ones, but got in to even it up once the non-starters let the other teams get too far ahead. (they won both which was all that was required). Today there are two more games. The first in a couple of hours is the big one against Florida University A Team, the favorites to win the conference. The second is another easy so she may not get in at all, especially if she plays the whole of the first game, which is likely. It makes me happy so see her play. It's a little chilly and breezy here (for Florida). The pool is outdoors, so the wind is causing a few problems
Old 02-16-2020, 02:22 PM   #12401
Griff
still says videotape

That's so cool!
Old 02-18-2020, 07:42 PM   #12402
monster

Happy probably isn't the right thread, I now realize, but I typed a shit-ton, so here it stays.... I am happy Thunderboy has no additional points on his License....but.....

I cannot believe how easy it is to get out of points on your driver's licence is here/how fucked up the system is.

First, we went to court at 9am for Thunderboy's "informal hearing" about his 3-point 53 in a 40 speeding ticket from December (the first day driving after he blew a 4-way stop and took out two other cars and the front bumpers off the minivan (for which he got 2 points and a $130 fine because we just dealt online not knowing any better....)).

There were maybe 100 people there, many seemed seasoned offenders and even they were surprised by the volume. I think it might have been first session after the holidays....

anyhoo, one by one, they were called out of the courtroom by the cops who booked them. Thankfully, he was among the first. No hearing, pretty much "ok, so I'mm'a change this speeding ticket to a double-parking which has no points and is $200. OK?" So no points. (when he was pulled over, the cop told him to go to court to avoid points, otherwise we never would have been there (bless his little shiny badge))

Took the little shit to college for his one class. Tried to grocery shop in the interim but couldn't actually find a store despite/because of my new GPS (hate GPS but got one for vacation)

Picked LS up, and on the way home took him to another court two miles down the road from the first to deal with the ticket for the accident while I was on vacation that totaled the car that still wasn't fixed from the last accident). Went to desk, he asked about the fine and points. Nice woman at desk said "$180 and two points ..how is your driving record?" He told her 2-3 points. She said "would you like me to talk to the officer and see if he's ok with changing it to something without points? It will cost $20 more" so ... of course... cop said yes, another $200 but no points. Another citation for double-parking.

So OK this was good for us for WTF?

Also, whilst I'm almost ranting, How much of a joke is it that the "pre-check" status to get through security at the airport more easily -previously awarded to less-likely-to-be-a-terrorist profile people (Old white people, children, business people who have taken that plane every day for the last 10 years...) is now for sale. And only for sale.

and yes. He paid.. Pretty much all of the $ he earned over the summer has been spent on fines/cost related to hit shitty driving*. Dear Michigan, I am so sorry. But my needs are greater than yours and I don't let him drive on roads with speeds likely to cause injuries. If that helps :/

*he also bought a computer. twice, because the idiot left it in the car which he left unlocked so it was stolen
Old 02-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #12403
monster

Quote:
I saw pologirl play polo yesterday. She was awesome, of course.
I love watching her play. And I (guiltily) love watching others watch her play

After 8 years, she's suddenly in a completely new place where no-one knows her (she went to college in the town where she went to high school, so many of the players on the opposing teams knew her)

In the game against the main oppo on Sunday -hosts University of Florida, I particularly enjoyed the moment when she received a pass and the oppo coach screamed in panic "She's a SHOOTER!!!!!!". Too late, though

(good job refs are not armed... )
Old 02-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #12404
monster

(many players will receive the ball in the goal but won't shoot or are shit so can be ignored. In these instances (at high school level), asshole coaches yell "not a shooter" to tell their team to get ready for the counter-attack. :/ I suspect this is what made her the player she is ... in her first game as a freshman on varsity at high school, the oppo coach yelled that ..and she scored. He yelled "she's a shooter" the next time, but didn't need to say anything after that )
Old 02-18-2020, 11:44 PM   #12405
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

With PA state cops I had two offer higher fine but no points on the spot, and 1 for two going to court. 1 For 1 with local cops in another town. I did learn when you send a written request to the local count requesting a hearing, use the back of a register receipt if necessary, but do not use fancy stationary from Smithsonian with an antique gun on it.