The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #9451
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Unfortunately the mobile signal in my house is virtually non existant. I can sometime get a signal in the bedroom or if i stand near the front door, but usually lose signal midcall. I generally have o walk about outside to get enough of a signal to use it.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #9452
Nirvana
Back in 10

Most of the club calves we sell for the 4-H kids to show go for about 2k last fall we sold what we considered a late born for about $900. They were told he was iffy whether he would be fat enough by fair time, these people said we just want a steer. We clipped it for the fair this past week.

These same people bought a heifer from someone else and it is structurally unsound. These people want us to breed their heifer. These are the type of people that blame their mistakes on other people. i.e. if this heifer cannot walk when she is 9 months pregnant or if she need to be c sectioned I am sure it will be our fault because we bred it to the wrong bull!!!

We told them we are not interested in breeding this heifer I am sure they are now totally pissed. At the fair last week they never even spoke to us!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #9453
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
At the fair last week they never even spoke to us!!!
It's virtually impossible to avoid this type of people entirely, and still run a business. You know you did the right thing.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #9454
Nirvana
Back in 10

You bet Bruce I think I was not clear that they never spoke to us last week but asked us this week to breed this heifer ...REALLY?

Another rant I bought a stove from Sears they sent it to the nearest Sears home store. These are run by local Mom and Pops. When the stove came in I asked if they could put in the LP conversion. Oh yes the kit is already in the stove. So we pick up the stove get it out of the box and umm no its not converted. hmmm well it can't be that hard to do so I read the instructions and its says to take out the screw in the top of the burners...

They are f ing magnesium and disintegrate. After two of those we load up the stove and bring it back and ask them to do the conversion[they said they did in the first place] Ok we can do that and good thing you did not do it yourself because you need a magnetic socket because the pieces could fall in the stove!!! OK [the pieces are brass]

Anyway I leave it there 4 days later they call and say they are missing a piece maybe I have it in the instructions I took home. {4 days?] Ok so (I look and find the piece still being nice thru my gritted teeth.) They will have it done the next day. 3 days later they call and say its done.

I go in to pick it up and I asked for the fittings they took off. She hands me the card the others came on and one is missing. Oh she says the technician DROPPED IT IN THE STOVE. After telling me I could have done the very same thing because I did not know enough, their professional dropped it in there? WTF super →

Then they tell me "Mr Goodwrench" will send me a replacement , keep in mind he is a sub contractor to this store so yah I did not believe that crap. What the hell ever happened to customer service?
Old 07-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #9455
monster
I hear them call the tide

Everything. Too much to do, too much at stake, too little time, too little support, too little alternative
Old 07-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #9456
busterb
NSABFD

Left my car windows cracked a little yesterday. A damn small, shit filled bird got in.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #9457
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh damn, that sucks! Did it get out again before you got back to the car?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #9458
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Everything. Too much to do, too much at stake, too little time, too little support, too little alternative
Yup. Know how you feel.

Sent by thought transference
Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #9459
busterb
NSABFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh damn, that sucks! Did it get out again before you got back to the car?
No I let all windows down and it bailed out. But left some nice things inside, not
Old 07-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #9460
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I've gone public all week with my super-short hair - on this trip to the midwest, this symposium where no one knows me and I can be myself and shine. And I hate my short hair, i HATE it. It looks like - not me. I feel old, I feel like some person I don't recognize.

I had short hair until late high school when I defied my mother and grew it. After being utterly ignored by the opposite sex, suddenly at the beginning of college I became worthy of interest. That continued as long as I had long, or longish, hair.

So I understand the source of the insecurity, and it's not necessarily valid. But the fact remains, I hate having short hair in spite of its practical advantages. Right now I just want to put that wig back on until my hair is as long as it used to be. Not really feasible, but it's upsetting me. One of those non-scientific non-quantifiable not-logical stupid things that affect probably all of us, not just those of us with two X chromosomes.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #9461
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Sorry to hear that insecurity has got you by the short hairs.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #9462
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

All of my hairs are short right now, so ... yeah. I do have some awesome assets. But when insecurity sets in, the hairs are short.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #9463
chrisinhouston
Professor

Noticed the AC was not cooling our house properly yesterday and the tech just came out and found a bad capacitor. Not too upsetting as the unit is 7 years old and AC units in Houston run harder than in many other parts of the country and this kind of part repair is like tires or brakes on a car. Still it will be $390 for the parts and labor. Oh well today is my birthday so I guess I got a capacitor as a present!
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #9464
glatt

Happy birthday! Here's to keeping cool!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #9465
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Totally bummed out. I was in the VA hospital again this week. Someone stole my cellphone and billfold while I was out of the room. I hope I get a replacement phone today. Worse than anything, I stood up BusterB for a meet & greet in Hattiesburg.

Oh yeah, I have to return to VA outpatient on Wednesday. Fun, Fun, Fun!

Tags
swiss