The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 12-16-2004, 09:28 PM   #376
XRedBlazeX
The Eternal

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have been using this thread to try to solve TIMP (like most of the other posters here.) I haven't come across any breakthroughs, but to aid you in your search I'm going to create a map of what's been discovered thus far. I'll probably get around to updating it within a day or two of a new discovery so you gotta have patience.

Oh, and I'll post the map sometime soon, it's not finished yet.

Also what do you guys think is going on during June 6th? Did someone google that? It might not be as much of a countdown as it is a clue. You should check for some special event on that day.
XRedBlazeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:11 PM   #377
ofrignya7
Kinda New Member

Posssible Breakthrough

Has anyone tried googling for "IJsselmeer, tragedy, boy"? I tried that after reading the bit about the massive loss of life at ZuiderZee or whatever, and two links seemed somewhat suspicious-

If anyone wants to read through those and make sense of them, be my guest. I coudn't, but you've all been at this longer.
ofrignya7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:22 AM   #378
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I don't play the game. I don't understand the game. I don't really pay much attention to most of this thread.

But have any of you read the story of the Little Dutch Boy?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:41 PM   #379
XRedBlazeX
The Eternal

Someone should make a list of what's not explained yet, so everyone knows exactly what to do. Someone should also get Yellowbolt and SilverPheonix back here. I googled the countdown date and time, got nothing. Is there any significance in the fact that we don't know whether it's AM or PM? And why is June, a four-letter word, abreviated?

I was reading over this thread (which I printed, in it's entirety) in the free time I had after my high-school semester final exams and came up with a bunch of stuff:
-Regarding the 'Hide Your Sorrows' to the Miska said that "Shovel that good snow" was taken from a scene in DDD; could someone who has the book check that section of it for a reference to a candle (or maybe a lighthouse)
-For the distorted tunnel you can find by going to the Frankenstein page, I can't try it untill later but I think you might be able undistort the image. It looks like nothing's been changed but a simple swirl: maybe there's something there?

Reguarding CelestialChick's findings: I think the second line might be "Bigger Questions Remain", and the first one could go either way ("Hints are Riddles" or "Riddles are Hints")

I might have some more to post later, but my friend's bugging me so I've gotta go.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:44 PM   #380
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

How is it that you've read through and even printed this entire thread, and yet you missed the point where the location and password of the TINP forums was provided?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:48 PM   #381
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

They've all missed the point that some of the most important clues* can be found by actively participating in the Cellar.

*clues to other things in life than TINP
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:14 PM   #382
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's probably better that they are safely contained in here for the time being.

Kind of like how the CDC keeps that smallpox in the freezer ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:03 PM   #383
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I think it is kind of cute how they use The Cellar and don't even acknowledge the actual residents herein. It is sort of like the cyber version of letting your dog crap on someone else's lawn, and then walking away while they stare at you out of their window.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:14 PM   #384
glatt

Yeah, but they are kind of like squatters. And having squatted in this corner of the Cellar for so long, they now own this corner. We are actually intruding in a way by posting off-topic comments in their thread. If you wanted to join their conversation, they would let you in.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:40 PM   #385
Griff
still says videotape

Now we have something to discuss! Theories of ownership. Where the hell is Radar? Squatting is all well and good but some folks say you must make improvements to take ownership. Has this little corner of cyberspace been improved? Just asking even though I'm pretty much with the dog shit on the yard crowd.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:59 PM   #386
XRedBlazeX
The Eternal

lol... well the vast number of people coming here and posting just because of TINP shows you how addicting this is... It's plagueing our minds O.o
Old 12-18-2004, 08:17 PM   #387
A good ninja
169 days, 1 hour

Did anyone try searching "wreathus" on google? I got the name wreathus from searching "Ijselmeer, tragedy, boy". There's a bunch of numbers and mixed up sentences that look like they could be hints.

And also a certain name came up a few times "Noemata". There's a good chance it has nothing to do with TINP...

Last edited by A good ninja; 12-18-2004 at 08:21 PM.
A good ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:04 PM   #388
XRedBlazeX
The Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by A good ninja
Did anyone try searching "wreathus" on google? I got the name wreathus from searching "Ijselmeer, tragedy, boy". There's a bunch of numbers and mixed up sentences that look like they could be hints.

And also a certain name came up a few times "Noemata". There's a good chance it has nothing to do with TINP...
I'll look into it...

Turns out the countdown date is the 61st anniversary of D-Day. Might be significant, might not. There are a lot of World War references though, like the Navajo code and the radio transmissions in the background of some pages.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #389
xX_duckie_Xx
Aggregate Aggravator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRedBlazeX
I'll look into it...

Turns out the countdown date is the 61st anniversary of D-Day. Might be significant, might not. There are a lot of World War references though, like the Navajo code and the radio transmissions in the background of some pages.

yea thats true... that information might be handy for some future part of TINP
xX_duckie_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:30 AM   #390
collyer_1
All those who believe in telekenisis raise my hand!

Exclamation Conspiracy?

Conspiracy Theory:

TINP is planning something, or is perhaps just taking a joke a little too far to scare people. All over the page we find creepy messages like "a life half lived" and the "help I'm drowning" page. (This has been brought up before but) maybe TINP knows of something that will happen on Jun 6, either that, or he's going to make something happen. The web-site may be the key to stopping whatever event TINP has planned.

I personally don't believe what I just said, but it makes a neat little conspiracy theory !
collyer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote