The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 12-01-2004, 08:58 PM   #346
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

It's a Firefox extension thang...

Dev-

I have Firefox 1.0 installed and a few choice extensions. One of them is Look Ahead. Here is the homepage:

http://lookahead.mozdev.org/

I have very little experience with it so far, but it looks really cool.

Both the browser Firefox and the extension are free, and a big improvement over IE. I recommend them most highly.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #347
Miska
Oh, I'm a mighty lumber jack and lumber is my trade-o!

About Frankenstien Now, Yuki's Bird.... There is another book by the same author of Dance Dance Dance called The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, maybe it has something to do with it? I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted before but if it has just let me know.
Miska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #348
metalrockster

Angry

I think this is where the whole freaking world is stuck at
im gonna choke the sh*t out of this guy if i dont figure this out
Old 12-03-2004, 04:10 PM   #349
metalrockster

Wherever the "Thoughtyou'dgetheresooner" thing was, that's a reference to the dolphin hotel, the sheep man was saying he thought the main character would return sooner...

and this:
------------------
We faced each other across a small table, talking. The table was very old, round, set with one candle in the middle. The candle had been stuck directly onto a saucer. And that was the entire inventory of furnish*ings in the room. There weren't any chairs. We sat on piles of books.

It was the Sheep Man's room.

Narrow and cramped. The walls and ceiling had the feel*ing of the old Dolphin Hotel, but it wasn't the old hotel either. At the far end of the room was a window, boarded up from inside. Boarded up a long time ago, if the rusty nails and gray dust in the cracks of the boards were any indica*tion. The room was a rectangular box. No lights. No closet. No bath. No bed. He must've slept on the floor, wrapped in his sheep costume.

There was barely enough room to walk. The floor was lit*tered with yellowing old books and newspapers and scrap-books filled with clippings. Some were worm-eaten, falling apart at their bindings. All, from what I could tell, having to do with the history of sheep in Hokkaido. All, probably, from the archive at the old Dolphin Hotel. The sheep refer*ence room, which the owner's father, the Sheep Professor, pretty much lived in. What ever became of him?

The Sheep Man looked at me across the flickering candle
flame. Behind him, his disproportionately enormous shadow played over a grimy wall...
------------

We saw this in the earlier lights...Hide Your Sorrows' picture is a candle (i remember some people leaning towards it being a lighthouse), and it also contains the text bits at the bottom of the "shovel that good snow" page...I don't know if it's all old news but I figured maybe there was reference somewhere...

------------
«Yes, I came back,» I said. «I couldn't get this place out of my mind. I tried to forget things, but then something else would pop up. So it didn't matter whether I liked it or not, I sort of knew I belonged here. I didn't really know what that meant either, but I knew it anyway. In my dreams about this place, I was . . . part of everything. Someone was crying for me here. Someone wanted me. That's why I came back. What is this place anyway?»

The Sheep Man looked me easy in the face and shook his head. «'Fraidwedon'tknowmuch. It'srealbig, it'srealdark. All-weknow'sthisroom. Beyondhere, wedon'tknow. Butanyway, you'rehere, somust'vebeentime. Timeyoufoundyourwayhere. Wayweseeit, atleast. ...» The Sheep Man paused to rumi*nate. «Maybesomebody'scryingforyou, throughthisplace. Somebodywhoknewyou, knewyou'dbeheadinghereanyway. Likeabird, comingbacktothenest. . . . Butlet'sussayitdifferent. Ifyouweren'tcomingbackhere, thisplacewouldn'texist.»
------------

Theres that bird-nest ggriddle (that should say r i d d le, evidently it gets changed to "griddle") thing from way-back-when.

He also says that they (the sheep man(s)...he's talking plural) connect things, reconnect things...was there like a specific quote or reference to reconnecting things? I cant remember...

When the sheepman says stayhere, you'llfreeze, etc., he's talking about multiple realities, and that they chose this one, being that they "don'tlikewar", that the main character still has warmth, and that it's too cold here...

I dunno, see what you can do with it...If you can do anything with it.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #350
metalrockster

https://www.bloomington.ivytech.edu/...ans_list.shtml

theres a kristian e boruff on there
Old 12-03-2004, 08:39 PM   #351
CelestialChick
The dragon is looking at me

Yeah I stumbled across that al while about a month ago. I wanted to find something on Kristian Boruff and came across that same website. But I forgot about it 'cause my roommate thought I was getting obessed with knowing everything about TINP. But I wish I could of found a picture.
CelestialChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:14 AM   #352
Devangelist
Lazy Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrockster
Wherever the "Thoughtyou'dgetheresooner" thing was, that's a reference to the dolphin hotel, the sheep man was saying he thought the main character would return sooner...

and this:
------------------
We faced each other across a small table, talking. The table was very old, round, set with one candle in the middle. The candle had been stuck directly onto a saucer. And that was the entire inventory of furnish*ings in the room. There weren't any chairs. We sat on piles of books.

It was the Sheep Man's room.

Narrow and cramped. The walls and ceiling had the feel*ing of the old Dolphin Hotel, but it wasn't the old hotel either. At the far end of the room was a window, boarded up from inside. Boarded up a long time ago, if the rusty nails and gray dust in the cracks of the boards were any indica*tion. The room was a rectangular box. No lights. No closet. No bath. No bed. He must've slept on the floor, wrapped in his sheep costume.

There was barely enough room to walk. The floor was lit*tered with yellowing old books and newspapers and scrap-books filled with clippings. Some were worm-eaten, falling apart at their bindings. All, from what I could tell, having to do with the history of sheep in Hokkaido. All, probably, from the archive at the old Dolphin Hotel. The sheep refer*ence room, which the owner's father, the Sheep Professor, pretty much lived in. What ever became of him?

The Sheep Man looked at me across the flickering candle
flame. Behind him, his disproportionately enormous shadow played over a grimy wall...
------------

We saw this in the earlier lights...Hide Your Sorrows' picture is a candle (i remember some people leaning towards it being a lighthouse), and it also contains the text bits at the bottom of the "shovel that good snow" page...I don't know if it's all old news but I figured maybe there was reference somewhere...

------------
«Yes, I came back,» I said. «I couldn't get this place out of my mind. I tried to forget things, but then something else would pop up. So it didn't matter whether I liked it or not, I sort of knew I belonged here. I didn't really know what that meant either, but I knew it anyway. In my dreams about this place, I was . . . part of everything. Someone was crying for me here. Someone wanted me. That's why I came back. What is this place anyway?»

The Sheep Man looked me easy in the face and shook his head. «'Fraidwedon'tknowmuch. It'srealbig, it'srealdark. All-weknow'sthisroom. Beyondhere, wedon'tknow. Butanyway, you'rehere, somust'vebeentime. Timeyoufoundyourwayhere. Wayweseeit, atleast. ...» The Sheep Man paused to rumi*nate. «Maybesomebody'scryingforyou, throughthisplace. Somebodywhoknewyou, knewyou'dbeheadinghereanyway. Likeabird, comingbacktothenest. . . . Butlet'sussayitdifferent. Ifyouweren'tcomingbackhere, thisplacewouldn'texist.»
------------

Theres that bird-nest ggriddle (that should say r i d d le, evidently it gets changed to "griddle") thing from way-back-when.

He also says that they (the sheep man(s)...he's talking plural) connect things, reconnect things...was there like a specific quote or reference to reconnecting things? I cant remember...

When the sheepman says stayhere, you'llfreeze, etc., he's talking about multiple realities, and that they chose this one, being that they "don'tlikewar", that the main character still has warmth, and that it's too cold here...

I dunno, see what you can do with it...If you can do anything with it.
If you're gonna steal my work, please give me some credit.
Devangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #353
metalrockster

oh, thats from devangelist sorry bro
Old 12-04-2004, 02:13 PM   #354
metalrockster

im sitting here right now with frankenstein, death of a salesman, and metamorphosis, and their cliffnotes. ill post it here if i find any clues
Old 12-04-2004, 02:25 PM   #355
metalrockster

does anyone know the password for the secret forum???

never mind, i got in. anyone figure out audition, death of a traveling salesman? i think the password is starved. i need a username though.

Last edited by metalrockster; 12-04-2004 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:45 PM   #356
Mr. Ears
RULER OF THE WORLD!!!

whats the password for the secret forum?
Old 12-06-2004, 02:55 PM   #357
metalrockster

do a google for the terrible secret
Old 12-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #358
Naldo
Kinda New Member

ok, for the frank/yuki page,

username: Prometheus
Password: Paradise

can someone explain why? i hate just gettin the pw's. can someone please explain...and why are they not the full passwords...
Naldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:16 PM   #359
Devangelist
Lazy Guy

people, DONT give away the secret forum password, i can't stress that, let's keep one thing secret so people have to work for something for a change instead of mooching.
Devangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:51 PM   #360
metalrockster

thank you, john madden.