The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 01-14-2020, 07:15 PM   #346
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Lost In Space (the new one, not the original)

Gotham

Finished Major Crimes via Popdigr's Roku.

Bloodline

Criminal: UK, and Criminal: Spain

The Fear; aging crime boss develops dementia

All via NetFlix except where noted.

ETA: The Irishman, and Dolemite Is My Name

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 01-14-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #347
glatt

Repair Shop is fun.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:56 PM   #348
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Futureman on Hulu. It's a silly, but very funny show. Exactly my brand of absurdism + pop culture references + crass humor.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:59 AM   #349
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

RFN:

A ZZTop concert recorded live in Texas in, I think it said, 2010, via Roku. So far it's kicked ass.

The mic stands, and Beards drum kit, are styled like semi truck exhaust stacks. The cymbal nuts (or whatever ya call those things that tighten the cymbals down) appear to be billiard balls.

Two stacks of six fairly large Crate amps on a fairly small stage, with about six-and-a-half-jillion leds for a backdrop, in front of what looks to be a couple thousand ppls.

Name:  zz1.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  zz2.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  134.5 KB

That little ol' band from Texas be rockin'.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 01-17-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #350
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The last time I saw them live the background looked like a '57 Chevy dashboard with analog gages. The second half of the show the gages were digital. Very cool.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:56 PM   #351
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

ZZ Top projects a cool factor that nobody else can touch.

That was a simple, good show.

BTW, it was damn sight more than "a couple thousand ppls".

Old 02-29-2020, 08:34 AM   #352
Griff
still says videotape

Watching and loving The Great Pottery Throwdown season 3 on YouTube.

Like the bake-off but more physical. Amazing talents making Pete think about getting a pottery wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+down+season+1
Old 02-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #353
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Amazing talents making Pete think about getting a pottery wheel.
Keep Whoopi Goldberg right the fuck away.

Don't say I didn't warn ya...

Old 02-29-2020, 10:01 AM   #354
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What are You Watching on Netflix Instant/Amazon Prime/orwhateverotherinstreaming[?]

The Motor Trend show Roadkill. My fav episode was when they had to choose a city, and buy a car and get home on $1500. They threw a dart at a map to choose the city. El Paso. Home is in Los Angeles. I liked that premise. That's a show, right there. Most episodes revolve around reviving an actual junkyard relic and making it drive. I think it's moved from YouTube to Motor Trend On Demand, as Roadkill Garage, which is to be paid for, but, not by me.

Also been watching Star Trek: Voyager with bated eyes waiting for Seven of Nine to show up.

Started S1:E1 of I Am NOT Okay With This. First line in the show: "Dear Diary, Go fuck yourself." I might like this show.

Re-watched Dirty Harry for like the eleventy-twelfth time a few nights ago.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:06 AM   #355
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

ZZ Top: That Little Old Band From Texas, a very good documentary on the band, on NetFlix.

Really good.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:58 PM   #356
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Watching and loving The Great Pottery Throwdown season 3 on YouTube.

Like the bake-off but more physical. Amazing talents making Pete think about getting a pottery wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+down+season+1
It's very good. I like being able to critique and be right. their wheel skills are formidable though. I can throw, but not like that

I may have binge-watched that. Especially nostalgic for me with presenters from my younger days and home stomping grounds.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:59 PM   #357
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
ZZ Top: That Little Old Band From Texas, a very good documentary on the band, on NetFlix.

Really good.
I heard that was worth a watch.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #358
monster

for me currently (British) Taskmaster (I heard there was a merkin rip-off that was shite) and then if there's a new one... 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown, Pottery Throwdown, Can't Pay We'll Take it Away

it's a sad lonely life but there you have it...
Old 03-11-2020, 10:24 PM   #359
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Tickle tickle.

sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:55 PM   #360
monster

Rowan Atkinson