Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #16
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Merc--YOU be careful of what YOU wish for, ya hear?

You sure are whiney for a guy who didn't vote for McCain. And if you didn't vote for McCain, how could you possibly be this upset? No one else had a chance between the two. Now, who'd you vote for? Nader? No, most likey Skeletor.
Why do you think I am so terribly upset? I am not. I am merely pointing out the double standards I see. We heard 8 years of whiny leftwing liberals bitching and moaning about every aspect of the Bush Dynasty. Now the Liberal Dems are acting the same way and behaving the same way. I am just trying to understand how this can be so easily accepted. Not ok for one group but ok for the other.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ok. You're not upset.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #18
TheMercenary

Ok. You don't want to have an intelligent discussion about the issues or facts surrounding the obvious double standard.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Why don't you want to discuss the issue?
Because there is no issue, there is only you predicting what will happen.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #20
TheMercenary

Ok. Well I don't see it like that. Give me a break, I am predicting not a fucking thing. I am commenting on observation related to the posted article.

I see it as a statement of the very first post, with comments about the involvement of radical Left-wing nut organizations in what should be and otherwise peaceful transition of power. And according to the reports in the posted article, that is not at all what is happening. If the Swift-Boat dudes were in bed with Bush, which they were not, the libs would be fucking draining spittle across their screens in an epieiptic fit. But instead we have a passive double standard of acceptance, like all is well as these radical elements interject themselves into the political process. So own up. Is is it ok for the Left-wingnut radical elements of the left to do it but not ok for the right when they were in power?

Last edited by TheMercenary; 11-19-2008 at 01:20 AM.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #21
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

What exactly is so radical about CAP that you liken them to the swiftboaters? Would you characterize Fox as radical too then?
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #22
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oooh oooh ooh I know the answers [/Horschak]

1) Soro is not VP

annnnddddd (my better point)

2) Saying lefties bitched for 8 years is highly untrue. I myself didn't start bitching until Bush really started fucking things up, so probably it was 7 years. Can you wait until Obama starts fucking up to start your bitching? kthxbai
Old 11-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #23
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

for merc >>
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 11-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #24
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
What exactly is so radical about CAP that you liken them to the swiftboaters? Would you characterize Fox as radical too then?
Not that this was directed at me, but there are some elements of CAP that are extreme and yes, to me, same opinion of Fox as well. The difference there is one is a supposed "news outlet" and the other is apparently advising the President.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #25
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

and Cheney---he's not considered extreme? Hmmmmm. Interesting.

—James Barrie

Old 11-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #26
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

What elements of of the Center for American Progress are extreme, Classic? And they are being used by the president for ideas...thats a little different than being 'advised'. But even so, I still dont get how they are far left and radical. What is far left and radical to you?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #27
classicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
and Cheney---he's not considered extreme? Hmmmmm. Interesting.
Yes he is, but Cheney was elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
What elements of of the Center for American Progress are extreme, Classic? And they are being used by the president for ideas...thats a little different than being 'advised'. But even so, I still dont get how they are far left and radical. What is far left and radical to you?
Soros for one. Yes it is different, on that we agree. Anything far left/liberal from the mainstream views of most Americans.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 PM   #28
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Well thanks for that non-answer. I was hoping for something a little more enlightening from you...like examples of those far left views that CAP would represent. Oh, and what is so extreme about Soros? Is it just that he spent a lot of money trying to defeat Bush?

Last edited by Pico and ME; 11-19-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #29
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Classic?

I'm guessing you don't want to share anymore? I only ask because I'm pretty tired of the radical left label being flung around willy nilly without any real qualification for what it means in the real world. I was hoping to gain some insight into how you define it. I'm concerned that it is used too easily as a way to discredit everyday liberal ideas.

Last edited by Pico and ME; 11-20-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Ummm.... unnecessary
Old 11-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #30
classicman

Nope, I guess I'm just one of the many ill or uninformed. I apparently have no fucking idea what I am thinking or saying. I'm pretty fed the fuck up right about now to be honest. Therefore, I don't want to share anymore - thanks for asking though.