The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-13-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

A quiz for no reason

Some people enjoy this sort of thing....

1) How far away from where you live is the nearest village/town/city/... called Plymouth?
2) When was the last time you walked on a beach? Which beach?
3) What's you favorite swimming stroke (deduct 10 points for males answering breaststroke)
4) What's your favortie ice cream flavor?
5) Which external part of your head bothers you the most and why?
6) Do you think Flying Spaghetti Monster is offensive?
7) What is the most expensive light/light fitment you have ever bought? Flashlights and headlights and spotlights etc count alongdide household lighting.
8) Have you ever regifted something? What?
9) What is your favorite number and why?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

1) How far away from where you live is the nearest village/town/city/... called Plymouth?

35 minutes to Plymouth Meeting

11 months ago. cabo

3) What's you favorite swimming stroke (deduct 10 points for males answering breaststroke)

freestyle

tin roof

chins. because there are more than one

no. ramen.

7) What is the most expensive light/light fitment you have ever bought?

taillight for a 98 concorde $120

Flashlights and headlights and spotlights etc count alongdide household lighting.

constantly. last one was a stupid booze bottle caddy

it's the best number. duh
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Pie
Gone and done

1. 92 miles, Plymouth DE
2. Feb. 2008, Cozumel
3. doggiepaddle?
4. subject to change without notice
5. My face. I mean, have you looked at it?
6. No. RAmen.
7. $400 for a chandelier
8. Jewelry my mom got from someone, she gave to me, I passed it on.. Not my style.
9. 32. Cause.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
jinx
Come on, cat.

1) How far away from where you live is the nearest village/town/city/... called Plymouth? 40.2 miles
2) When was the last time you walked on a beach? Which beach? Last Oct. in Cabo, Baha Cal Sur, Mex
3) What's you favorite swimming stroke (deduct 10 points for males answering breaststroke) the noodle float maneuver
4) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? 1st available
5) Which external part of your head bothers you the most and why? ears, infection.
6) Do you think Flying Spaghetti Monster is offensive? no wai
7) What is the most expensive light/light fitment you have ever bought? Flashlights and headlights and spotlights etc count alongdide household lighting. what the hell...??? no idea
8) Have you ever regifted something? What? omg tons of stuff, mostly from co workers years ago. Why waste a gift?
9) What is your favorite number and why?12, hwy number for obx road
Old 11-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
Cloud

I have no fucking clue, but it's probably pretty far.

1992, Mazatlan, after my dad's funeral. Wow. I'm overdue.

3) What's you favorite swimming stroke (deduct 10 points for males answering breaststroke).

Breast stroke. . . . there are points?

Coffee, chocolate, and mint chocolate. Oooh, now I want some together! It's still 70 degrees here, I can go to the ice cream parlor. BRB

[ice cream interlude]

I'd say hair, 'cause everyone hates their hair sometime, but really chin, because I just have never liked mine

No. But I've never met him

7) What is the most expensive light/light fitment you have ever bought? Flashlights and headlights and spotlights etc count alongdide household lighting.

Headlight, probably; maybe a $50 table lamp. Is "fitment" a word?

I've regifted heirlooms to my children, does that count? Otherwise, very minor things.

I don't have a favorite number. Filthy things. Unless it's $120 million in the megalottery.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
monster
I hear them call the tide

1) How far away from where you live is the nearest village/town/city/... called Plymouth? 17 miles
2) When was the last time you walked on a beach? Which beach? August. reservoirs in Indiana and Ohio and also the real, real beach of beautiful, gorgeous Lake Michigan.
3) What's you favorite swimming stroke (deduct 10 points for males answering breaststroke) it was breaststroke, but i'm thinking i actually prefer freestyle now.
4) What's your favortie ice cream flavor? Chocolate, but i don't like ice cream much
5) Which external part of your head bothers you the most and why? Right now my hair because it need cutting
6) Do you think Flying Spaghetti Monster is offensive? Nope
7) What is the most expensive light/light fitment you have ever bought? A Tiffany-style dragonfly Uplighter at $120. but then we persuaded MIL to get it for us for Xmas instead of crap we didn't need, so I guess technically we didn't buy it....
8) Have you ever regifted something? What? White elephant gifts at the preschool.
9) What is your favorite number and why?[/quote] 23. Prime and my birthday
Old 11-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

There doesn't seem to be a Plymouth in Australia, but the Plymouth, U.K. City Council lists Plympton, S.A. on it's list of "Plymouths around the world", and that is literally the next suburb.
Mind you they also list Devonport, Tasmania as a "Plymouth"; I think the criteria are being settled by people from Plymouth and having a name carried from the Plymouth area.

Some time in October, various beaches on the south coast of the Fleurieu Peninsula.

Loses ten points. Breast stroke is easy to maintain, and keeping your face up helps you see where you are going and stuff.

4) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Chocolate, made from the realest milk/cream possible.

I'm having trouble with the concept of an "external part", so I'll just follow my generous-sized nose.

Only to people who I think ought to be offended occasionally.

Petzl Tikka trekking head-lamp. Light, reliable, powerful, many features.

Heck yeah. Mathoms.

I treat all numbers equally.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
Juniper
I know, right?

I dunno. I googled and there's a Plymouth OH near Akron, and a Plymouth Village near Louisville but I'm not sure which is closer.

July, lake beach at a campground called Long's Retreat

Breast stroke. HA!

Chocolate marshmallow

Under-eye baggage

No, just a bit annoying

Might be the Hunter ceiling fan we had in our bedroom at our last house.

A few things. One was a bottle of wine we didn't like. Not that it was bad wine, mind. At the time I refused to drink red.

21. It's my birthday-day and BLACKJACK!
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #9
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Really far away, the very name seems ferrin to me.

6 years ago, Dewey Beach, MD

Just kind of moving around underwater

Rocky Road!

My skin's been irking me--trying to fight some wrinkles, but the face cream makes me break out!

What a strange question. (No)

Probably a pair of cool 50s lamps for $99.

Not that I can recall.

It's always been 8 as long as I can remember. I don't know why, it just feels right.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #10
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

So that no two answers are the same, can I refer to the street of the same name which is about 5.7km away.
2) When was the last time you walked on a beach? Last Wednesday. Which beach? Henley.
3) What's you favorite swimming stroke (deduct 10 points for males answering breaststroke) Breast-stroke (I'm female) as you can swin forever with this stroke.
4) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate alpino. It's the newest flavour available at the local gelateria which is very exciting. Previously, a trip to Argentina was necessary to be able to order it.
5) Which external part of your head bothers you the most and why? The dip in my skull between two of the bits of it (she said articulately). I only noticed it about 4 years ago and have been wondering ever since if I was born with it or if it appeared more recently (like after a bike accident) or if it's like the cracks that appear in houses as the soil moves.
6) Do you think Flying Spaghetti Monster is offensive? No.
7) What is the most expensive light/light fitment you have ever bought? Flashlights and headlights and spotlights etc count alongdide household lighting. Probably something for my bike.
8) Have you ever regifted something? No doubt. What? Can't remember exactly.
9) What is your favorite number and why? If you have to think about it, can you still call it a 'favourite'?
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:37 AM   #11
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Approximately 250 miles

Urk...about 3 or 4 years ago. Blackpool Beach.

The crawl

more of a favourite 'type' than flavour: traditional vanilla kulfi

hair: I hate my hair.

I'm not answerng that one, he may smite me with his noodly appendage

a £40 lamp

I must have done this at some point in my life, but I cannot recall a specific example

90: in the current degree marking/classification scheme, 90 is a perfect score. I like that it's not 100. The marking system essentially denies the existence of perfection. This is a recent addition. As a kid I liked '7'. I have no fucking clue why.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #12
Griff
still says videotape

1) How far away from where you live is the nearest village/town/city/... called Plymouth? 1hour
2) When was the last time you walked on a beach? last summer Which beach? Arcadia Maine
3) What's you favorite swimming stroke (deduct 10 points for males answering breaststroke) doggy style
4) What's your favortie ice cream flavor? Chocolate panda paws
5) Which external part of your head bothers you the most and why? unbothered
6) Do you think Flying Spaghetti Monster is offensive? Only if he is wheat based.
7) What is the most expensive light/light fitment you have ever bought? Strip lighting for the bathroom.
8) Have you ever regifted something? Yes. What? A series of crockpots.
9) What is your favorite number and why? 17 / old jersey #

Last edited by Griff; 11-14-2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: jumblytexty
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #13
SamIam

Here in the Southwest, they're aren't many Plymouths. In fact none that comes to mind at all. The neighbors have a plymouth. Does that count?

Back in the last ice age. It was on the Oregon beach near Coos Bay.

Side stroke.

Haagen Das coffee.

The external part doesn't bother me, its the internal part that gives me problems. Like, "YOU! settle down in there. I don't care if the other multiples are teasing you or not. All of you just shut the fuck up. NOW!" Ah where were we just now?

The flying spaghetti monster should be treated with the same respect as any other sentient being. After that he should be eaten.

A fancied up lamp with a katchina surrounded in glass. Heap smartum Zuni saw dumbass white girl coming on that one.

Regifted? Like getting a gift you hate and passing it along to some other poor sucker? No, but I've been known to sell such dubious gifts at yard sales.

6 - it is the number of sacred directions - above, below, east, west, south, and north.

Uhmmm, do I get a price for taking this at 5 in the morning?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #14
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

1279miles to Plymouth, MA.
3 Weeks ago.
Breaststroke. Frequently.
Coffee or Toffee.
My eyebrows grow to fast.
To some people I think it is very offensive. To me, I think it is funny as hell.
Big spotlight for the boat.
Yes, Glasses for martini's and the mix that came with it in a basket. That was the latest one, we regift when we get something we don't want or need.
13. It is my Birthday.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #15
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

1) How far away from where you live is the nearest village/town/city/... called Plymouth? 600 Miles
Too long - A 40 mile stretch of drivers choice beaches.
3) What's you favorite swimming stroke (deduct 10 poin
ts for males answering breaststroke) whatever can be done in shallow water with the least amount of exertion.
4) What's your favortie ice cream flavor? Premium only
my nose. It is my grandmother's Cherokee nose. I inherited the rest of my face from the Irish side of her family she said. I would have preferred to get the whole package deal
the what?
7) What is the most expensive light/light fitment you have ever bought? Flashlights and headlights and spotlights etc count alongdide household lighting. A 5 year lightbulb.
8) Have you ever regifted something? I am always giving things away. Not necessarily as a gift though.
9) What is your favorite number and why? 7 . I've never thought about why I like a particular number.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote