The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

What's annoying the crap out of your today?

The house under construction up the road has been 'under construction' for 6 fucking months!

I'm sick of the fucking noise. I'm sick of the builders cars all over the street. I'm sick of the fucking delivery trucks driving up and down the street. I'm sick of the whole fucking show...and I'm not the only neighbour who feels this way. They've copped serves from several of them.

It's not even a McMansion, so I don't know what the fuck is taking so long.

They must be from Retarded Builders United.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Yea but I bet you are the only neighbor who is prego.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
Aliantha

I think I am the only one on this street, but they're still fucking annoying everyfuckingone.

There should be some sort of time limit on these things.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
thank god there isn't, I'm on YEAR 8.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
Aliantha

lol...glad I'm not your neighbour.

eta: Although one man renovating his home is going to make much less noise than a full (or what seems like a full) construction crew. Our old neighbours were always doing something to their house and it never bothered us.

It's just this house. It's the devils house!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Yeah, we only had the full on crew with dueling radios and "special work words" at the top of their lungs for about 4 or 5 days.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
Aliantha

lol...I like the 'special work words'. I do a lot of working apparently.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

"I don't understand why we have to use this old stuff. At my last job, whenever I asked for a new computer or different software, they just gave it to me."
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Me too, I could have sworn the millimeter (20 months old) said "for fuck's sake" today.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
Aliantha

and I'll bet you laughed at the thought right? I know I always found it hard not to laugh when my boys were little and used 'working words'. lol
Old 02-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
Tree Fae
Major Inhabitant

Okay whats annoying the crap out of me today... hummm where should I start... even at work it was a hassle . Pullled all the paper work to move a student from my room to the next level. Get it all done and boss comes in and says shes not moving after all because another student isn't come back. Okay that was a plus because the child was a pain in my ass for sure... At the end of the day my last student was having a hissy fit over a pacifier.. she is past 3... I told her sister not to give it too her and she bit the sister on the leg so mom said throw it away which I did. Said brat was screaming so mom just picked her up to leave. Mom saw some cookies on the way out.. me not thinking said she could have some.. she gave them to the brat child. ARRGGGGG
At home the mail has in it letters saying 1- my housepayment is going up 100.00+ a month because my taxes went up 150.00 and insurance went up 50. so $200 + a -500 to make up is costing me 12000+ a year. The next letter was from the bank saying I was overdrawn. The overdraft was a paypal payment that was supposed to go to my credit card. My new computer... okay another plus sorta.. doesnt have the passwords stored of course and what i have written down wont work, cant get to pay pal , had to fight to get here, cant get to myspace.....just want to run screaming into the night. Oh yeah, bank is calling about another cc that they say is late, which it isn't at all, gotta call them tomorrow, just couldnt face it tonight.......okay i will stop now..... thank you for tuning in and tuning out at the same time..... Damn I hate Mondays
Old 02-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #12
Aliantha

Sounds like a really crap day TF. I hope the sunshine brings some better things for you mate.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #13
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

So far nothing is annoying the crap out of my your today. But I just got up.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

My yesterday was annoying the crap out of my yesterday, and today annoyed the crap out of my today...and it looks to continue for the rest of the week.

Here's what happened (it's been a funny kind of annoying): we arrived at work Monday morning to water POURING down the walls by the windows and into the cubicles on that side. I'm on the windows. I guess the campus police found it around 5 am, and the plumbers got there at 6. A pipe burst on the fourth floor...they had an inch of water up there I guess.

So my two cow orkers who always get there early, were trying to save our computers, our printers, and our personal items, and IT came up and grabbed everything...but a lot of it was already full of water: monitors, towers, printers...one guy, who is on vacation this week, had a giant rack of paperwork that was soaked.

So us window cube dwellars have been sent to different departments to try to get work done, which has been pretty cool (I'm in registration, and it's interesting to watch their processes because at my old job you were among all the other student service departments) but then you find you can't get logged in, get that fixed, can't connect to our college wide system, get that fixed, use another computer to try to run an important process that can only be run from a select few systems, have to get all the stuff fixed for it to work.

So it's kind of annoying, but a little exciting. At the very least, I got a few jokes in. I'm still kind of quiet most of the time, but I got big laughs when I told my cow orkers that I thought I heard they were sending us some FEMA cubicles, and then later when I broke into "Rainy Days and Mondays..."

So we're out of our offices all week while they tear it down, dry it out, replaster, etc.

But I have a deadline Friday, and this isn't making getting there any easier!!!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #15
Aliantha

Well, that's a funny story Shawnee...only thing I want to know is; what does a cow orker look like?