Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 01-12-2008, 12:18 AM   #301
monster
I hear them call the tide

Couldn't tell, teacher was pissing herself laughing
Old 01-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #302
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

My son (almost age 9) has been letting his hair grow out a bit. He wants a ponytail. He is now putting it up with a rubber band; the fact that the "ponytail" is currently about 1.5" in length does not deter him.

Apparently one of his buddies told him that it makes him look "tough" and that "most guys aren't manly enough to wear a ponytail."
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #303
aimeecc
Super Intendent

That is really funny!

My nephew has long hair. Almost always has. For a year or two, he kind of had a mullet. I had to pull my brother aside and ask him about it. My nephew was going for the look from Star Wars (Annaken had a little rats tail). Somehow a little rats tail ended up looking more like a mullet on my nephew. He now has longer hair than me, and his latest photo (age 14) he almost looks like a girl because he has long dark brown hair and snow white still have my baby fat skin. He's going to hate these photos when he's older.

My son really hasn't said his first word. He says dadadada to many things, not just to Dada. And last night he was playing with the soap dish during his bath and saying mamamamama. Not exactly what I had hoped he say mama too. lol At least he hasn't called the ladies at daycare mama, as I've seen one boy do. Hopefully he'll call me mama soon.
aimeecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #304
binky
all hollowed out

Did anyone see the Dr Phil episode where these parents had a "bad" teen son? The Mom was psycho, and Dr Phil's wife was onstage, saying she had never yelled at her sons, never called them names, and never gave them dirty looks.....Out of the kitchen, where she was doing her homework, totally straightfaced, my 11 year old daughter says "what a crock of shit" This child almost never uses language like that (in front of me anyway) I just had to laugh

Last edited by binky; 01-16-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: punctuation
binky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #305
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Young Master Dallas has a bit part in a Gilbert & Sullivan production at a local university. While backstage, one of the students dropped some profanity or other. Another one said, you probably shouldn't talk like that in front of the kid. Y.M.D.: "Don't worry, I'm the king of cursing in the third grade."
Old 03-31-2008, 12:54 PM   #306
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Say, how is his ponytail coming?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:43 PM   #307
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

His hair's getting longer.. just slightly more than collar length now... but he hasn't done it in a ponytail recently.

In other news, my daughter is very eager to see Hillary Clinton lose. You see, she intends to be the first woman president and she doesn't want anyone else to get there before she does.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #308
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

My 2 1/2 year old is really into singing classic hits at full voice. Today's selection?

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone ... I can see all popsicles in my way."
Old 04-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #309
binky
all hollowed out

My 12 year old out of the blue, in the middle of practicing for her solo in 2 weeks, just said "someone pull the fire alarm, cause I'm HOT"

LOL
Old 04-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #310
binky
all hollowed out

cute sm
Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #311
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

SonofV and I were watching the Twilight Zone last night (season two, episode one, King Nine Will Not Return). One scene had a WWII bomber that had stenciled on the fuselage the symbols of their kills. When he saw those angular spirals, he said "Look at those synagogues." WTF? There was considerable clashing of my mental gears, then I realized what he was talking about. "No, those are called 'swastikas'." A short conversation followed verifying what we were both talking about. We're going to continue the disc tonight and I plan to ask him where "synagogue" came from connected to that symbol. It should be interesting.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #312
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

The pup loves her new Jello shoes.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #313
hampor
Colloquialist

"Daddy, do remember all those hairs that you pulled out in the bathroom?"

It turns out that he was talking about when we unclogged the drain.
hampor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #314
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
The pup loves her new Jello shoes.
I guess there's always room in the closet for Jello shoes.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #315
icileparadise
Coronation Incarnate

Ok this one taught me a lesson as I was only 18 when it happened: new parents as soon as your child can walk, lock your bedroom door when you are loving. So I'm at a dinner party at a friends new Oast house conversion that I helped design, 3 couples the Architect and myself plus the owners 8 year old daughter. Two of the women who had children were tlaking about a problem with one of their infant sons little willy(this in deference to the daughter being present) when the daughter decided to join in and said loudly and confidently: " I've seen my dads' little willy!" We all smiled at her. In the pause she then declared: "And I've seen his big one!"

Never have I ever wanted to be somewhere else so quickly. I can't even remember what happened next so frozen were we. I think the daughter disappeared as if a miracle had been answered.
icileparadise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor