The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
lookout123
changed his status to single

Who is ready for some change?

No, I don't mean trading one corrupt political party for another... that is already a done deal. I mean personal change. We have had several photo/video threads lately which i have found quite enjoyable. i think quite a while back we had a weight loss challenge thread, but i can't remember when. i think it is time to merge the two ideas.

is anyone interested in participating in a personal changes thread? no contest or challenge - just you vs you. you set your own goal, whether that be weight loss, weight gain, hair growth/removal, peircing additions, tattoos, building the world's largest foil ball, home remodel... anything really. the point is to establish a goal and provide photo documentation along the way. i figure half the cellarites have shared their nipplege *shudder* (MrNoodle... seriously, why?) so what do we have to be shy about?

i have lost all muscle tone while nursing my leg back to health over the last couple of months and am having a hard time finding motivation in getting my workout routine going again - so I will document my return to some semblance of being in shape - IF others are willing to participate.

So whatta ya think?

Last edited by lookout123; 11-08-2006 at 09:01 PM.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*....

Old 11-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
lookout123

ok, jackass - you started chirping like 30 seconds after i posted the thread. give 'em some time to reject the idea first.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

*chirp*

Nahh I think it's a good idea, but the penalty for failure is just so harsh.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #5
9th Engineer
Bioengineer and aspiring lawer

I'm currently trying to shed my post-exam fat suit, but with Thanksgiving just around the corner I might start posting pictures after that.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

My fitness routine is a smoldering ruin. I had a great one going but the TKD school I was going to (Karate is just another way to stay in shape) shut its doors unexpectedly (2 months before I was supposed to test for black *groan*).

I was working with Kettlebells for a while but my stupid job has just taken over - I'm going at a 75 hr/wk clip and am getting really sick of it.

So, I have resolved that on Jan 1 - make it Jan 4 - I start working out again so if you can wait that long to start then I'm in. Not sure how we make it work, tho. Unless we post some goals and then see who makes it or something. I like the idea so pencil me in.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:45 AM   #7
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
... IF others are willing to participate.

So whatta ya think?
STAY THE COURSE.

Oh. Even the president doesn't say that any more.
Quote:
i have lost all muscle tone while nursing my leg back to health over the last couple of months and am having a hard time finding motivation in getting my workout routine going again
Consider getting a bicycle. IOW I will use the bike whenever possible for errands - even to just get a paper or mail a letter. Even if it is just a cup of coffee, I ride the bike. IOW I make an excuse to take that ride.

I have a benchmark - a hill. I must get to top of that hill in second from low gear. Sometimes it hurts in the lungs - especially in winter. But it is my benchmark - doing exercise without reserving time for a special program.

Stairs can also be a benchmark. At least once a day, I must get to the top of those stairs, two treads per step, and feel something in my chest. Otherwise I was too slow. Those little 'compulsions' can provide significant exercise without special scheduling.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:31 AM   #8
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

In order to reduce a) weight and b) blood pressure on medical advice I have recently resolved to leave for work half-an-hour early and stop en route to take a walk - there is a great path along the edge of a pine forest and then the side of a hill heading towards the sea. I've done the past two days and really enjoyed it - not today as I'm not at work. I'll try to remember to take my camera so's you can see how lovely it is ... (I have wet weather gear in the car for the mornings when it'll be raining ...).
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #9
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I need to lose 20 lbs still hanging around from my last pregnancy. I was SO good, ate right and only gained 32 lbs, but I just can't seem to lose it. As a stay at home mom of a toddler, there aren't a lot of opportunities for exercise (unless I buy expensive equipment, which I can't afford). Gym membership is out due to $$ and no babysitter, my 12 speed bike is out of commission and needs a total refurb, and it is impossible to go running or jogging because I'd have to leave the baby alone (nope). So I'm left with floor exercises on my lovely hardwood floor (did you know that is very noisy?).

Any ideas that don't involve money, purchases or leaving the baby alone? I do have a yard which is fenced, so the baby could run around while I do something...jumping jacks? jump rope? run laps?

I gotta put down the ice cream too, my only dietary weakness.

Stormie
Old 11-09-2006, 08:09 AM   #10
limey

The jump rope thing is probably your best bet. That and going for walks carrying the kid ...
Old 11-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #11
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather
I need to lose 20 lbs still hanging around from my last pregnancy. I was SO good, ate right and only gained 32 lbs, but I just can't seem to lose it. As a stay at home mom of a toddler, there aren't a lot of opportunities for exercise (unless I buy expensive equipment, which I can't afford). Gym membership is out due to $$ and no babysitter, my 12 speed bike is out of commission and needs a total refurb, and it is impossible to go running or jogging because I'd have to leave the baby alone (nope). So I'm left with floor exercises on my lovely hardwood floor (did you know that is very noisy?).

Any ideas that don't involve money, purchases or leaving the baby alone? I do have a yard which is fenced, so the baby could run around while I do something...jumping jacks? jump rope? run laps?

I gotta put down the ice cream too, my only dietary weakness.

Stormie

Pilates is really good for trimming down at home and on a budget.

http://www.deniseaustin.com/
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #12
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I'd definately be willing to help Lookout practice his squat thrusts...visual documentation optional.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #13
lookout123

geez LR, makes me wish i'd stayed in the quad cities for a little cellar GTG.

for those that aren't quite ready to start - begin when you can. i have already taken my first photo, but won't post it until i have a couple weeks change documented. i don't think i've got the guts to just post this one pick without something right behind it to show i'm coming along.

i guess the point in this thread was to see some sort of progression, whether that be Happy Monkey taking along the way photos of a tape creation, one of our musicians learning or writing a song, labrat shedding clothing, er i mean, a woodworker showing a project. i don't have a creative talent so i'm going to do the getting in shape bit.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #14
limey

Cool

I'll document progress but not with flabby photos - sorry (not). My starting weight is 14 stone 7 lbs. Will try to ask the nurse for the poor blood pressure reading when I next see her. Will post the occasional pic from The Walk ...
Old 11-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #15
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Ok I'm in. But my exercise will have to be the one's my chiro gave me to strengthen my back.
1) No soda, limit anything but water.
2)Ice cream only once a week
3)Chiro exercises

I'm at about 140lbs and my goal will be 120-125lbs
Is that sufficient?