The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 04-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #16
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
That's not the point. The point is that if one barely survives CO poisoning, knowing how CO binds to your hemoglobins and prevents them from carry oxygen to your brain, continuing to smoke afterwards and thus carry on the slow damage would indicate a previously undocumented level of dumbassedness.
You may be intellectually right. I just don't know, and i presume correctness.

But, the point is that real people go thru real rehab. And the rehab centers ENABLE TOBACCO. I think it is wrong. But, That is what is really happening on the ground floor, on the streets, whatever. That is my experience. I don't smoke tobacco.

I was mad that my MJ was banned and their tobacoo was OK.

It is soooo not surprising that a CO dependent would a smoker. Shit, after enough AA meetings I would have become a tabacoo smoker too for the first time in my life at 50 yo old.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #17
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
That's not the point. The point is that if one barely survives CO poisoning, knowing how CO binds to your hemoglobins and prevents them from carry oxygen to your brain, continuing to smoke afterwards and thus carry on the slow damage would indicate a previously undocumented level of dumbassedness.
she probably forgot about that

Last edited by lumberjim; 04-27-2006 at 10:04 PM. Reason: i refreshed right before i replied.....but there was this 2nd page....
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

There's no such thing as CO dependency. Carbon monoxide is merely a poison. Your body would prefer to have none of it. There's no rehab issue here, get this rehab issue out of it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #19
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
There's no such thing as CO dependency. Carbon monoxide is merely a poison. Your body would prefer to have none of it. There's no rehab issue here, get this rehab issue out of it.
Again, I have to admit to ignorance.

What I am saying is that people with CO dependency to thru these Rehab programs that Enable Tobacco. And that is wrong. Are you at all with me?

Self Appointed, Court Order, or whatever. The system ENABLES tobacco. It is fucking wrong, but that is what people really go thru. People go thru IRL programs. And that is what programs do.

Please ask more questions if you are at all confused about In-Real-Life programs.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #20
marichiko

LOL! How funny! Yup, cigarettes contain CO. I'm not dependent on CO, however. I like a little nicotine high now and then. I smoke a couple of packs a week for a total of $8.00/week. Yes, beleive or not, American Spirits are only $4.00/pack - OK, $4.10/pack here in Colorado.

I find it amusing that two heavy dopers want to jump my case about my two pack a week cigarette habit. Pot kills more brain cells than ever cigarettes do, and it does a worse number on the lungs, as well.

You boys need to get a life!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #21
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

[quote=marichiko]... Pot kills more brain cells than ever cigarettes do, ... /QUOTE]

OK, Mari, now I pull my guns from my holsters... I go with the Herd Mentality here. Any weak brain cells that die, make the herd stronger. Ra!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #22
marichiko

LOL! My comments weren't directed at you, rather LJ and UT who are pretty well known to be heavy smokers of non tobacco products. I actually have no problem with people who like to relax every now and then with a little MJ. A number of my friends are into it. I just think its funny that two heavy pot smokers should jump my case about cigarette smoking when pot is just as damaging. Yeah, let only the strongest brain cells survive!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #23
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Yeah come on now.. who would you rather hang out with??
steve freaking mcqueen?

or the pot smoking hippie who you'll probably catch something nasty from.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 PM   #24
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

I think shaving my beard gave me a more professonal look for jobs, even in the Silicon Valley.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:01 AM   #25
Ibby
erika

Whooo he has such pretty guitars...
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:39 AM   #26
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Today's Emos strung out on meth are skinny and deathly looking. Us old Pot Heads have a belly from 'the munchies'. At least we don't waste away. Keep on truckin'.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:40 AM   #27
rkzenrage

& meth-mouth is just wrong!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #28
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
& meth-mouth is just wrong!
My 16 yo daughter is on alert for meth guys. She's been friends with some losers in the past. All these guys triy to brown-nose the sexy girl's dad. I can sniff out the false guys right away now.

Her current 17 yo bf is actually quite the gentleman. But, I'm still scared about the fact that he just got his drivers license and a car. They were dating via train before that. He still can't drive minors yet. So, he drives to our house and they walk around town together.

Double edge sword. The longer they date, I fear, the more he will want. It was somewhat better when she changed bfs often.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:47 AM   #29
rkzenrage

I hear ya'... my son is two. When he is old enough to date I will have a tracking bracelet with gps on it!
Old 04-28-2006, 03:28 AM   #30
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

17 and your worried about him wanting more??? Pfft that happened when she was 14 honey!!