The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 08-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #466
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Speaking of Tex-Mex...For her church's cooking day, Momdigr made something called Taco Lasagna.

That shit was totally awesome.

Here's the recipe.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 08-29-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:26 PM   #467
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Hi everyone, I'm back again. I've been lurking a bit but haven't had a ton to say.

Today's lunch was... Oh god, what did I put in my face?

Oh! I had microwaved chinese pork buns and a handful of frozen fruit. Mixed berries.

I think I'm still hungry.

edit: I am no longer still hungry. I had a bowl of "BIBIM MEN ORIENTAL STYLE NOODLE, ADDITION MORE 8% APPLE JUICE IN SOUP" and it was delicious. Would recommend, as long as you like weird and spicy korean flavors plus cold noodles. I do!

( https://www.amazon.com/BIBIM-Orienta.../dp/B00A475KFO - but that's a little bit expensive. Any of the asian markets near me have the 4-packs for about $4. 16 for $34 seems like robbery, they're not THAT good. )

Last edited by sad_winslow; 09-09-2016 at 09:34 PM.
sad_winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #468
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Hiya Winslow!

Welcome back.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #469
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ham salad sammich and Doritos.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #470
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Chicken salad on white.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #471
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Humble Pie

(No, I mean Humble Pie is on the radio rfn. "30 Days In The Hole"

Old 09-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #472
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

i was in Memphis today , for a town known for its BBQ ,
i had some thing new today ,
a slaw dog with Q ,
smoked Hot dog Great slaw with some Pulled pork at the bottom ,
it was KILLER with a Dash of hot sauce ( just to make you breath )
Old 09-15-2016, 03:16 AM   #473
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Hiya Winslow!

Welcome back.
Thanks boss. I'm trying to figure out what subforum to best post more meaningless chatter on, but I haven't decided what I want to focus on yet. So for now, I'll say that today's lunch was...

Wait what was today's lunch? Did I eat? Oh, right. Yes. I ate a frozen burrito and a bunch of ruffle's "all dressed" chips.. with queso dip. God help me.

At least I started the atonement process by making a large batch of lentil soup for dinner, and that should last me for a few days.
sad_winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:07 AM   #474
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had a child's portion of fish n chips yesterday.
Well - I tried to. I'd already stopped the lady serving when she wanted to load the plate with chips.
Then I picked the fish out of the batter and gave up.

She said, "Are you alright love? You went right pale there! I can give you a drink if you want, you didn't have half your dinner."
I think she thought I was diabetic or something.

Still, made me smile afterwards. Me? Pale? With my jaundice?
She may as well have said I looked like I was wasting away (the steroids are playing havoc with my body image)

So it was a silly luxury, but I'm glad I tried.
Having a sit down fish and chips meal was always a massive luxury as a child. We barely even had them as take-aways, so to sit in the back room with real plates and white bread and butter and warm cola was like winning the pools.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #475
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ham salad sammich and Doritos. Washed down after with apple juice. I love apple juice, but, can't/don't/won't drink it with my meal.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #476
captainhook455
Rapscallion

That is coastal a Carolina dinner known as lunch to the rest of the world. Elvis spent some time on the outer banks in the fifties. Probably took the recipe back to Memphis.
We stopped at an eatery called Friendly's. They are not on the bypass and so have great food at good prices. I had two large fried croakers, my wife had three catfish. Both had fried sweet potatoes, cole slaw and hushpuppies $9.99 ea.
Needless to say we took a lot home.

tarheel
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #477
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Oh goodness I forgot to mention the bar b que with slaw in my post. People be like WTF? Oops

tarheel
Old 09-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #478
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Today will be a stupid-thick, bacon-wrapped*, boneless pork chop with black-eyed peas and cornbread. And maybe a tater.

It may become second breakfast. The handful of chips I had for first breakfast ain't doing the trick I thought it would.

Yeah, precious, that's pig-wrapped pig, ya wanna fight about it?

Old 09-18-2016, 07:12 AM   #479
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had half a falafel wrap yesterday.

Note to self: do not eat anything with tiny bits in when you're feeling a bit sicky.
It didn't stay down. Without wanting to be too graphic when other people are describing their lovely lunches, I had to clean my teeth quite a few times after it came up.
Grains and grains and grains and grains.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:45 AM   #480
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Lasagna. I started the sauce at 6.

tarheel