Bike Desk

Old 07-01-2015, 06:15 AM   #617
Griff
still says videotape

how cool would that be
Old 07-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #618
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Not very. You been behind that damn desk all day. It's 5:00. Now ya gotta pedal that bitch home. Uphill.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:49 AM   #619
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Then pedal to the desk.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #620
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mirror wheels. Don't be surprised to find yourself in the middle of a dog fight.
They look awfully narrow for cobbled/brick streets.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #621
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Or you could buy a motorcycle and retire the pedals.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #622
Griff
still says videotape

So French mtn bikers jumped Le Tour. In America you'd be arrested in France you have a beer after.

If you keep watching the prep is more interesting than the jump.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #623
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I never realized the leading motorcade was so close to the riders. Seems like that would be a lot of exhaust to be breathing in while you're trying to race.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #624
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sarajevo

Old 07-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #625
glatt

"Brought to you by Shimano brake pads."
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #626
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"Video footage provided by the Cock Cam 3000."

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #627
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Double postin' here.

Because I love my brother. And I have a horrible feeling he started watching Le Tour de France on Channel 4 with my thumbprint on his boyish head...
Although he's raised money every year through various charity ventures Walk the Tube, And the Vertical Rush (both Cellar links)

So, duplicate of my post about his bike ride.
Do check out his charity-website though, You don't need to contribute to look.

Quote:
I've mentioned somewhere on here that I'm going down to London/ Surrey/ Aylesbury at the beginning of August.

My brother is taking part in a 100 mile bike ride, and wants someone to whoop and holler on the hardest part of the course (climbing Box Hill).
Going down the night before, staying in London - courtesy of my bro - then travelling down to Surrey. I really want a shooting stick, so I have somewhere to sit if it rains. I'll have to carry my overnight bag with me, but I learned my lesson from Arran. I'll take two outfits and clean knickers, and a roll-up plastic mac and that's IT!

Because after London I'll be travelling back via Aylesbury, where I'm booked into the bedsit for two nights. Yay! We don't have any plans, it's just silly to travel more or less past Aylesbury and not take the chance to see the aged p's.

And I'm hoping to meet a dashing young Dwellar for lunch - or at least a cup of tea - on Monday. Wearing my flat shoes this time of course.

Steven's given my permission to share any photos, so no doubt there will be a lot of me, and some of Surrey
He says:
Quote:
And if you want to share any of my photos with your friends on the Cellar, please feel free, but there are even more of my suffering on my sponsorship page (http://tinyurl.com/steve100miles), so if you direct them to that with, maybe one of them might feel it's worth chucking a fiver my way at the same time!
It's not begging if it's for charity and not for me, is it?
Although really it is for me; Steven chose the charity for my benefit, bless him. My Brother the Superstar.

Anyway, if you're interested in cycling, photos of my family, pictures of Englishmen suffering, check out the website. It's a Virgin Fundraising page, but there's no strings atttached.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #628
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

How about a recumbent tricycle from Craig's list in Portland?

Quote:
Presenting your chance to be the proud owner of the only dinosaur skeleton that has been reanimated through the mysteries of science and technology. She is a beautiful fosillized juvenile Tyrannosaurus Rex who now consents for me to harness and ride her in parades and other special events. She’s a bit difficult to handle, but she’s never attacked anyone in the crowds that form whenever I take her out of the warehouse where she lives. (unlike her cousin from Jurassic Park) I labored for many months on this act of creation but now find that I’m not the right rider for this beautiful creature.

This wonderful rideable dinosaur, this fulfilment of my childhood dreams, needs to go to someone who likes being the center of attention, likes making the news whenever they’re out in public, and likes inspiring joy and wonder in the faces of children. I’m just a quiet engineer and bicycle fabricator and am not interested in celebrity.

Specs:
-12ft long from head to tail, 5.5ft wide stance, 8.5ft tall (size of a 12 year old young-adult T-Rex)
-90lb recumbent tricycle made from chromoly steel, foam, and textured paint (200lb rider weight limit)
-9-speed wide-range drivetrain with a top speed of about 15mph (comfortable cruising speed of about 7mph)
-Seat is ~5ft off the ground so use a step ladder, or if you have good balance, use foot and hand holds hidden along the left side of her body.
-Head is a marionette that turns side to side and opens her jaw; controlled by wire from handlebars
-Arms are attached to pedals and can be controlled in combination with head to create believable performances (Sue can answer questions, wave at audience, snap her jaws in excitement, disgust, hunger, etc.)
-Disassembles using basic tools into multiple pieces to fit within a pick-up truck bed for easy(er) transport to events

Caveats:
-Sue requires frequent touch-ups to her paint and foam. There are always bits of the sculpture rubbing against one another because she is a moving, kinetic, scultpure. I will include a bucket of textured paint with her.

-Sue has handling quirks because of the geometry tricks and illusions I had to pull to make a vehicle that seemed to have the proportions of a real dinosaur. She is not a daily-driver dinosaur but is perfect for parades or the playa. She has good brakes and is stable enough if you know her limits. I’d be happy to offer dino riding lessons to prospective buyers.

Please don’t call just for joy-rides…
Old 07-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #629
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ran across this just now.

First ever BMX quad-backflip. That's a backflip x 4.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #630
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well it's all downhill, how hard can that be.