The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #61
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

If a man can be a queen, why can't he be a princess?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #62
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I haven't been able to find a washing machine that comes with a circular lint filter tray.

This seriously peeves me off, because I can't seem to get rid of the dog/cat hair in the wash water.

Back in the day, (70's), my Mom had a GE Washer with one of those baskets and during the wash cycle, it continuously circulated the water through that filter. It was wonderful at catching lint. It was also good for putting powdered detergent in as well. Today's washers just suck without it.

I really miss it. It looked like this:
Attached Images

Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #63
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I am SOOO Freaking BORED!!
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #64
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
I haven't been able to find a washing machine that comes with a circular lint filter tray.

This seriously peeves me off, because I can't seem to get rid of the dog/cat hair in the wash water.

Back in the day, (70's), my Mom had a GE Washer with one of those baskets and during the wash cycle, it continuously circulated the water through that filter. It was wonderful at catching lint. It was also good for putting powdered detergent in as well. Today's washers just suck without it.

I really miss it. It looked like this:
Does it have to be white?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #65
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

The goddam tax assessors have property I've been trying to sell for a year for 3500 an acre (to no avail) valued on my tax bill at 10,000 an acre. Fuckin' guvmet....
Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #66
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
I have that washer. Now. My apartment building was constructed in the 1970s. My unit has the original appliances. I would happily trade with you, but since I don't own the washer, I probably shouldn't. I have the matching craptastic dryer as well. Everything takes 50 minutes to dry ... doesn't matter what it is, five pairs of jeans or two pairs of socks and some undies, needs to run 50 minutes.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #67
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Everything takes 50 minutes to dry ... doesn't matter what it is, five pairs of jeans or two pairs of socks and some undies, needs to run 50 minutes.
The dryer exhaust vent is either too long, has too many bends, or is clogged with too much lint.

Our dryer took an hour to dry a load. Then I straightened the vent and switched to rigid metal pipe from that plastic slinky crap, and loads take 20 minutes now.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #68
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Apartment, not house, so I don't mess with anything. I call someone else to do that.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #69
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The dryer exhaust vent is either too long, has too many bends, or is clogged with too much lint.

Our dryer took an hour to dry a load. Then I straightened the vent and switched to rigid metal pipe from that plastic slinky crap, and loads take 20 minutes now.
I gotta do something. My situation is the same - 50 minute no matter what - longer if there are jeans in there.

My vent goes into the attic and spews the lint there unabated... wonderful set-up.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #70
classicman

The time it takes to dry clothes is 2 -3x longer than the time it takes to wash them.
This is a PITA!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #71
Rhianne
Nearly done.

Dirt doesn't bother me. What annoyed me was how dirty I had to get just to change a lightbulb in my car today.
Rhianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #72
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I'd like to see a magazine that has a story not broken across the entire magazine. You start a story on page 21, read a page and a half and ya get "continued on page 67". Oh and does page 67 even have a fucking page number on it, hell no! And page 22, a different story that gets the same treatment, continued on page 79. What the fuck?! Why can't the story be printed in full from start to finish???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
They're making you look at more ads.
So, why can't they number all the fucking pages? The damn story is continued on page 69, guess what?

There ain't no fucking page 69!$@#%@

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #73
glatt

Because they want you to flip around looking at every page (and every ad) looking for the rest of the story.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #74
classicman

There is also another reason. One problem is that sometimes the ads are provided in what is called a full bleed design. This is when the ad/image appears to run off the page on all 4 sides. There are also partial bleeds and no bleeds. (Hope they are self explanatory.)

Many times the advertiser or more typically, their agency provides the ad to the magazine and there is no opportunity for the magazine to alter it by putting a page number on it. If the ad is a partial or no bleed, its much easier.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #75
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Amazon

Back before Thanksgiving I ordered 9 items from Amazon. No special hot shipping, ship at at once in one package. Very simple, yes?

OK, so they email me there will be three shipments;
package A Items 1,2,3&4.
package B Item 5.
package C Items 6,7,8&9.
No problem, they're probably coming from different locations, best way.

7 days ago, on the same damn day;
Email ~ Items 1&2 have shipped.
Email ~ Item 3 has shipped

6 days ago;
Email ~ Item 5 has shipped

Today;
Email ~ Item 6 has shipped
Email ~ Item 7 has shipped

I should point out items 6,7,8&9 are just tee shirts, different colors, same size, same source. And none of the 9 items weighs more than 2 pounds.
Neither Amazon, nor the companies that are drop shipping, have their shit together, nor do they care that receiving this order in what appears will be 8 shipments, has any impact on the buyer. I'm fairly fortunate it's not a big problem for me, except the asshole Fedex, but for many people being there to recieve the package is the only way they'll get it.

Oh, and they're wasting cardboard.