The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 01-31-2005, 09:30 AM   #31
russotto
Professor

Ahh, neat freaks versus slobs. Forget trying to change the slobs, it'll just all end in tears. Just break up and move out now. The slobs aren't going to "pick up after themselves" because it's a lot of work for basically no reward; since they don't have the neatfreak gene, they'll always put the stuff in the "wrong" place, so it won't even stop the nagging. The neatfreak gets angry because she feels the slob isn't carrying his part of the load; the slob sees what the neatfreak is doing as unnecessary and even undesirable (in that stuff is no longer where he left it), so feels no need to help.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:39 AM   #32
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

I've always wondered how people can take a flying butt leap at the toilet in the dark without some trepidation. Especially if you're as narrow as Lady Sidhe is. She ends up in the water.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:51 AM   #33
wolf
lobber of scimitars

We're Americans, Jag. We don't ever look at the toilet. It's a cultural thing. Goes hand in hand with why we don't have a Page 6 Girl.

Oh, and you NEVER EVER EVER sit on a public toilet. Oh my goodness, El, what were you thinking!!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:18 AM   #34
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Oh, and you NEVER EVER EVER sit on a public toilet. Oh my goodness, El, what were you thinking!!
Bullshit! had an episode about that, it was interesting.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:16 PM   #35
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I don't get Showtime ... was the result that the average public toilet is more sanitary than the average home one?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #36
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Bullshit! had an episode about that, it was interesting.
[Busted]I thought you didn't have a TV[/Busted]
Old 01-31-2005, 12:44 PM   #37
jinx
Come on, cat.

When not in use, toilets should be closed, just like cabinets, trash cans, closet doors, etc. It's all about esthetics.

Quote:
And besides, Partly Open and Fully Open still leave every visitor and passerby with a clear view of that gaping abyss wherein we all deposit our undesirables. It seems obvious that none but the most unimaginative can escape the horrors that such a sight recurringly conjures to the mind in vivid and unsettling detail.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:57 PM   #38
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I don't get Showtime ... was the result that the average public toilet is more sanitary than the average home one?
There was apparently very little difference, uring being sterile and neutral, an poop being confined to the inside of the receptacle.

The even did cultures of people's asses and faces, and one guys balls.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:58 PM   #39
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
[Busted]I thought you didn't have a TV[/Busted]
Ah ha, monsewer smartass, it is true that I do not have television, but I do have ftp.

Last edited by Troubleshooter; 01-31-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:11 PM   #40
flippant
*shameless....so stop trying so hard....*-me

On training men: Who do you think you are? Who is to train YOU now?

Flippant
Old 01-31-2005, 01:14 PM   #41
jaguar
whig

Quote:
Goes hand in hand with why we don't have a Page 6 Girl.
It's page 3, page 3! Ah the Sun, it'd make good toilet paper if the ink wasn't so cheap.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:29 PM   #42
chainsaw
Wingnahningning... Er somethin'

I realized after my husband and I moved in together (just a few months before we got married) that he is a pig when it comes to cleaning up after himself. Somehow his clothes end up EVERYWHERE. All over the living room, dining room, bedroom and bathroom. I stopped picking them up. There was a pile of clothes in the corner of our bathroom that was almost as tall as me. I jokingly asked if he was trying to go for a worlds record. He laughed. I told his Mom. She put him in check. The whole apartment was husband-clothes free for a few days. This morning I tripped over a pair of shorts in the dining room. *sigh* It was good while it lasted.

As for the toilet seat... We BOTH keep the seat and lid down because our cats like to swim in the toilet water. Not fun to clean up.

I read a book called "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". It's written by a nut-job, but she had a few fine points. Feed and Fuck your husband and you'll get pretty much whatever you want in return. It's working. Amazing what simple creatures they are. I love my husband!
Old 01-31-2005, 01:47 PM   #43
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
There was apparently very little difference, uring being sterile and neutral, an poop being confined to the inside of the receptacle.
Urine is normally sterile, on exit. Then it becomes an excellent medium for bacterial culture.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:08 PM   #44
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

My answer for the toilet seat issue is not for everyone.

I used to lift the seat for urination. Once I got my Prince Albert piercing, I have to sit too. Take your husband to the piercing salon and tie him to the chair. Trust me on that last bit. Give it six weeks to heal and he'll be fully trained to sit. Or else have a lot of shoes (or socks, natch) with piddle puddles on them.

Oh, and YOU will enjoy the piercing too. Or so I'm told. Every woman who has test-driven mine has had high praise for the (painful) procedure.

It only hurts for a few minutes. Bandages can come off after 24-48 hours. Let heal for six weeks. "It" probably won't come out to play in that time anyway. But when it does...HOO BOY!

YMMV

Brian
Old 01-31-2005, 02:13 PM   #45
warch
lurkin old school

ew.
I say everyone is responsible for themselves. I'm shutting my door.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote