The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 01-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #16
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

yea what bruce said , money ain't everything , if you arn't around to spend it what is it worth ?????
Old 01-30-2005, 02:47 PM   #17
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

there has to be some sort of physical thing going on. sometimes i feel fine, and sometimes i get a little shaky. usually when i'm hungry. then i get sketchy and have to calm myself down consciously. might be blood sugar issues, or i might be interpreting the signals my body sends me differently because of the general unease that i feel. I keep thinking that as time goes by, I'll feel better. Right now, i'm weaning myself off of caffeine and trying to forget the fear i felt. I also think it happens more when i eat too many carbos. whatever it is, it's a pain in the ass.

On the other hand, sometimes i get a little tweaky when work gets really hectic. like on saturday, we sold 35 freaking cars ( a new record!) and i was there from 8am until 12:30am......one deal after another.....no breather.

what came first, the chicken or the egg?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:31 PM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

If you're listening in to your body, you will find that hunger symptoms are very very much like anxiety symptoms. You might remember back to last year, when you were hungry but not anxious. You could go hours being hungry, but it never crossed over into anxiety and you could dismiss it at will. The problem is when it crosses over into anxiety and you can't just dismiss it.

Thus, BTW, one way for an ordinary human being to get fat. If you eat to avoid hunger because hunger seems like anxiety, pretty soon you are large.

Did I say you, I meant me.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:35 PM   #19
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

thanks, UT, for your reassurance. and, oh, by the way, Elf, did you take a class in the wrong thing to say at the wrong time? I know you meant well, but damn. that was brutal.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #20
lookout123
changed his status to single

i never thought of your diet here Jim. hypoglycemia (sp) = basically the opposite of diabetes. you can go from just fine to shaking, weak, etc... in no time flat. protein shakes level my dad out pretty well. just another idea.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:06 PM   #21
elf
Yay! We're Dooomed!

Location: Mostly: New York. Most Recently: New Jersey. Currently: Colorado
Sorry. It's my fatal flaw. If there<i> is </i>a wrong thing to say, I <i>will </i>say it, and at the worst possible moment, guaranteed.

I just would hate you to figure on one thing and have it turn out to be another and then be completely flummoxed by it. Better to be able to look at all the possibilities, no? The hubby was sure for awhile that it was "just stress" <small>(is there such a thing as <b>just</b> stress?)</small> But turned out that there was a physical cause. . . which was tripped off by being stressed.

Aww, hell. I should just shut up. Sorry.. I truly do wish you the very best of luck with your situation there. I know how scary it is. Just keep in mind that just about whatever it is that's got you on the fritz is more than likely something that can be fixed, one way or another. (yay, medical science!) I'll keep thinking positive thoughts at you, and hope that what efforts you're making now do pay off and well.

Shutting up now.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:15 PM   #22
flippant
*shameless....so stop trying so hard....*-me

Hmmmm........curious.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 PM   #23
elf
Yay! We're Dooomed!

Location: Mostly: New York. Most Recently: New Jersey. Currently: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippant
Hmmmm........curious.
Did I stick my foot in my mouth again?
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:11 PM   #24
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
...oh, by the way, Elf, did you take a class in the wrong thing to say at the wrong time? I know you meant well, but damn. that was brutal.
[Scooby Doo] HuH? [/Scooby]
Old 01-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #25
lookout123

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Did I stick my foot in my mouth again?
know you didn't. flippant, marichiko, "fill-in-your-own-alias-here" does cotton to LJ much and has chosen this thread to resurface.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #26
flippant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
know you didn't. flippant, marichiko, "fill-in-your-own-alias-here" does cotton to LJ much and has chosen this thread to resurface.
Did I really now? I chose this one to "resurface"?

And no you didn't elf, I was responding to the thread author.

Flippant
Old 01-31-2005, 03:05 PM   #27
lookout123

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippant
Did I really now? I chose this one to "resurface"?
Flippant
uh, apparently. you haven't been around since the little game of musical names blew up. i would call that going under the radar. now you are back. i would refer to that as resurfacing. call it what you want.

either way, it answered elf's question. you weren't responding to her post, you were making a smart ass retort to LJ's health issue.

but since you're here now, let me ask you - can we get Mari back and get you to disappear?
Old 01-31-2005, 03:15 PM   #28
flippant

Quote:
uh, apparently. you haven't been around since the little game of musical names blew up. i would call that going under the radar. now you are back. i would refer to that as resurfacing. call it what you want.

either way, it answered elf's question. you weren't responding to her post, you were making a smart ass retort to LJ's health issue.

but since you're here now, let me ask you - can we get Mari back and get you to disappear?

I doubt you can get Mari back- as for the other- gladly.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:29 PM   #29
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

LJ, do you suffer from reflux frequently? Or even just frequent severe indigestion? If so, you might wish to go get scoped for the possibility of esophogeal damage or even a hiatal hernia.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:38 PM   #30
mari-notwelcome

Quote:

Flippant PM'd me on another board we both frequent about this little exchange here. To answer your question, no, I don't go where I'm not welcome. UT blocked my user name. If I were to come back, it would have to be in disguise. Now wouldn't that be ironic? Returning by the very tactic I was accused of. I don't think so.

LJ, I hope that your problem turns out to be nothing. A visit to the doctor sounds in order.