The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #3106
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh it's BEAUTIFUL.

I've been in solitary downstairs working on a deadline and I am having to use a regular mouse and already my wrist hurts like fuck.

But I never use anything but left click/right click, so I'm no help.

You'll get used to it.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #3107
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
At least getting the thing to the museum on a barge should be pretty easy.
No way. Dragging that odd shaped thing not meant for water by a rope with the wind and tide pushing it around...
Old 06-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #3108
glatt

You'd think they could have designed a barge that would extend beyond the wing tips so that if the barge did bump something, the wing tips wouldn't take the full brunt of the impact.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #3109
classicman

looks like they came in from the wrong angle. The boat behind (as seen in 2nd pic) is off to the right (in this case port side) I'm assuming the tide/wind is pushing them starboard which is where it hit. It really looks like they cut the corner instead of traveling further up and sharpening the angle as they made the turn from the main waterway.
My initial impression is an overconfident or lazy pilot. Admittedly its a tight turn into a relatively narrow canal, but still.

ETA -That lookout boat (out front with the orange sides) - is supposed to be watching out for EXACTLY that. The speed of the tug is also a huge factor. They are VERY powerful, but VERY slow also.

Last edited by classicman; 06-07-2012 at 01:48 PM.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #3110
Blueflare
Hand-of-Kindness Extender

Chrome's "new tab" screen judges me for how I spend my time.
YouTube, IMDB, Tumblr, Failblog. All up there.
Every day it shatters my image of myself as some kind of unemployed intellectual writer, when I'm actually just an unemployable adolescent waste of oxygen with an overly time-consuming writing hobby.
I need to find some source of revenue and I need to move out of my dad's house.
So, thankyou Google Chrome.
Without judgement and social pressure, I think most people just fail at life.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #3111
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Anyone?
Look in Control Panel and see if the mouse settings are Logitech's SetPoint or if a picture of the trackball appears. If not, look in All Programs for Logitech Mouse and Keyboard settings. You should be able to redefine all buttons.

Quote:
Also, I HATE this thing.
A trackball is rarely a great pointing device IMO. But use of that one has sometimes helped me use a different set of arm muscles for a while, helps RSI problems.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #3112
infinite monkey

I can't see how a trackball isn't a better device than a regular mouse. That one I'm using downstairs, half the time I have to pick it up and use it up farther on the table. Or move it to one side so I can slide it far enough to the other side. It sucks like crap.

The trackball floats like a butterfly. It has tons of control.

Maybe it's just my exceptional eye/hand coordination.

And that other mouse hurts my formerly smashed wrist something awful. All that moves with the trackball is my fingers.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #3113
monster
I hear them call the tide

I never have to move my wrist to move my mouse.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #3114
classicman

Quote:
half the time I have to pick it up and use it up farther on the table. Or move it to one side so I can slide it far enough to the other side.
There are settings for that.
Ever wonder why a typical mousepad is the same shape as your monitor? Its not by accident.

Scrolling thru threads id ridiculous with that thing. I have to "wheel" all the way over to the frikkin elevator bar and click JUST FUCKING RIGHT to get it to move OR I have to grab the elevator and move it around - archaic I say!
center mouse wheel click set to "Open in new tab" ROCKS!
and when one clicks it where there is no link, it scrolls the page. mouseyball POS cannot do that.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #3115
infinite monkey

You're just jealous of mouseyball. Mouseyball is king. You hate change.

No one will ever make me not love my trackball. It just takes a little practice. I hate those freaking slidey aroundy mice. ANd I don't need no stupid mousepad with some stupid company logo on it.

It's 2012! The pioneers had to put up with crappy mice. We don't have to.

Once you go track, you never go back.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #3116
glatt

My cousin believes that the family homestead house is haunted. She claims the female ghost there doesn't like her. And that there is at least one other ghost as well. Years ago, she claimed to have seen the ghost of my other cousin who died at a young age in a tractor accident, so she's seen ghosts before.

This house that she claims is haunted has been in the family for almost 200 years. It's a fairly run down old place in the NE PA countryside, an hour's drive from Scranton. I've always thought it was a pretty creepy place, although I have lots of great memories of family there over the years.

This house has had an active bat colony in the attic since I was a child, and probably before then, so you definitely hear noises when you are there alone.

Anyway, it's now gone to a new level. I didn't realize this, but my cousin somehow arranged to have the Penn State Paranormal Club come out to the house with all their equipment and inspect the place. They claimed to detect a female ghost there. This club has a reality show, but the house won't appear on the show.

It's all a little amusing. I don't really believe in ghosts. I've never seen one. But I've had the heebs when I've been in that house. And so has just about everyone in my family. My mom grew up there, and she is kind of scared of the place. If you are alone, it's scary to just go inside. But once you are in and spend some time in there, it's fine. I lived there for a summer, and it was pretty normal.

My Aunt lives there now, and this cousin of mine goes to check on her mother and do stuff at the house, and keeps seeing ghosts. She was over there this week doing some painting, and sensed the ghost again. Interesting.

Have you ever seen/felt a ghost?
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #3117
infinite monkey

I haven't. When I moved into my apartment in the sky, however, I told the potential ghosts I'd be cool if they were.

That house is awesome. I love old spooky-vibe houses. There's a house in town that looks like an illustration straight out of a children's book; it's that much the epitome of a haunted looking house.

I do remember a guy I knew swearing he'd seen a ghost on the fourth floor of the old factory where I worked. My ex said "Oh, I don't doubt that he saw a ghost, I just think it was a figment of his psychosis."

Has anyone besides your cousin seen or felt this ghost?

I'd be more than happy to camp out there for a while and let you know if I see one! I love scary scary.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #3118
glatt

Nobody else has seen the ghost, but everyone agrees the house is creepy. Except my aunt, who lives there. She thinks it's just a house, and that the whole thing is silly.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #3119
glatt

Here are a couple more shots of the house. I dug through some old pictures.
The outside.
Name:  ghost house2.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  81.1 KB

The upstairs hallway.
Name:  ghost upstairs.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  118.9 KB

One of the many cool old details in the place.
Name:  ghost doorknob.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  56.9 KB
Old 06-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #3120
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

beautiful house.

no ghost experience. I've had the heebiejeebies before though.

Tags
dum, oh the whorror