The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #91
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
The turtle department is a tough situation. Turt and his crew should ideally move to a 75 gallon tank. He'll need a stand that spreads that weight out, and it'll have to be on a piece of floor that can hold the weight long-term. (The floors are uneven, but they seem firm.)
I built a stand for my son's 75 gallon tank, and I don't have mad JimHelm skilz. Just screwed together 2X4s. I'll try to remember to take some pix.

Last edited by Spexxvet; 10-05-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Spexxvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #92
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Thx, if you can - it's gonna be a Craigslisp deal and only half of those come with stands.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #93
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I like it, you don't have to worry about keeping up appearances. Small rooms can be a lot cozier in cold or stormy weather. Even closing off rooms to make it easier to heat is an option. Heating oil is sky high this fall, is the heat water or air?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #94
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Air

I like the idea of closing off rooms.

The owner has graciously given me -- just out of the blue -- $600 in PECO (electricity) credit, and offered to pay the monthly bill for an alarm company.

OKAY!

Although that makes me believe there's a reason for the alarm system. Guess I'll find out. Maybe once Pearl goes I should get a bigger dog?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #95
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I LOVE it! it gives off a 'cabin in the woods' kind of vibe that might be charming or scary as hell depending on how you play it. I DO love funky old places. The McMansions they currently build around here are sickening and they all look exactly the same - huge monstrosities. If you came home drunk there is a very good chance you'd wind up in the wrong home thinking it was your own. I hate the same-ness of today's unimaginative architecture in which HUGE = BEST. I little little eases, cozy cottages. I love my own house even though I bitch about it. It's pretty much a three bedroom cottage, really. Needs work- but, hey, after Dec. 21st, who's gonna notice?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #96
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Air

I like the idea of closing off rooms.
That makes it much easier.

Quote:
Although that makes me believe there's a reason for the alarm system. Guess I'll find out. Maybe once Pearl goes I should get a bigger dog?
Or a recording of one. It shouldn't be to hard/spendy to augment their system with better sensors... an air raid siren on the roof... and Claymores.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #97
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Zombie hordes aint skeerd of no dawg.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #98
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I also have to air condition it in 7 months... probably

In this case I wish I could buy the ACs on Craigslist right now, because they are dang cheap for an awful lot... two portable units would probably do this entire place
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #99
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hopefully the people who procrastinated will decide to upgrade in the spring and be giving the old ones away. This gives you 7 months to decide which rooms you actually live in and see how large a harem you accumulate.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #100
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

A lot late for my well wishes but not too late for a big 'ole congratulation. I little cozy place in the woods sounds ideal. I'm happy for you
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #101
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Tony, since you're going to selfishly spend your money on luxuries like food and moving, I guess we'll have to pony up to keep the Cellar running for a couple months.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #102
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Tony, since you're going to selfishly spend your money on luxuries like food and moving, I guess we'll have to pony up to keep the Cellar running for a couple months.
Chuh. typical Tony!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #103
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I had a big ol' plate of spaghetti just last night!!

Already the boxes accumulate... and I'm sorting out my life with this, too; for the first time ever, my various cables and AC adapters are in marked plastic drawers. Book boxes are separated by books I care about and books that can perish in a flood.

I sold 95% of my vinyl records (400 of them, for $175). (Kept the 5% that are valuable) Great sentimental value, but I haven't played any of them in 10 years.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #104
be-bop
Operations Operative

"I sold 95% of my vinyl records (400 of them, for $175). (Kept the 5% that are valuable) Great sentimental value, but I haven't played any of them in 10 years".

Naw couldn't do it my wife's been nagging me for years to dump my records but i just can't clear the space, fuck they can bin them when I'm dead but until they're mine too many memories
Your new place looks like it would be ok in summer, whats the snow like in the winter?, could be fun digging the car out.
All the best for your move hope everything goes ok
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #105
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yeah.. digging that driveway out in winter is going to be hell. But it's MY hell.