Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 AM   #1
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Would you have cosmetic surgery?

Well, would you?
Whether it be a *yummy mummy make over*, an eye lift or pec implants.
What would you have done?

Do you have regular cosmetic procedures? What are they?

I often consider turning back the hands of time and getting my boobs lifted, not bigger, but lifted.

I'm vain, I have dermabrasion regularly and have had laser or pulse treatments on broken capillaries (from my snow skiing days).

A friend of mine just had some Lipodissolve, on some stubborn fat around her c.section scar....I found it amusing that they told her to watch what she ate, drink lots of water and get some serious exercise...to help things along. HA! If she did all that she would probably get rid of it anyways.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:20 AM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I would love to have my breasts lifted
In fact my money wish list goes:
- Pay off debts
- Treat friends & family
- Visit friends and family overseas
- Boob job

I'm also very tempted by the idea of a gastric band. Not so much plastic surgery as invasive unnecessary surgery. I wouldn't do it lightly though - I'd literally be putting my life on the line.

Oh and I'd like veneers on all my teeth.
I wouldn't want them the Hollywood Bright that glamour models have - I think it's tacky. Just whiter than they are. And a little more uniform.

The one thing I would love to change above all else, I can't. I want new feet please. I don't want ones that blister and bleed if you even show them a new shoe. I don't want ones which are so toxic they eat the inside of shoes. Bad feet.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I used to weigh 450ish pounds (I'm ~6'7"). I dropped to 220 pounds in about 2 years, with diet and exercise. Let's just say I had a ton of stretched, saggy skin.

I had excess skin removed from my waist and chest. The skin was removed in two operations, and now I have a scars: one that goes all the way around my waist, a scar around each nipple and under each pec.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I have veneers on my front teeth (upper and lower) but they were done on the NHS whilst unemployed and cost me nothing. I think they're probably the only cosmetic surgery I would choose to have and be willing to pay for myself. Having porous enamel makes my teeth unusually vulnerable to decay and also means that one cup of coffee and I look like I've never brushed my teeth. The veneers have resolved that problem. They also evened my teeth up to look at, as i did have slightly uneven teeth, but I doubt I'd have even considered having anything done just to straighten them. Just wouldn't have occurred to me.

I occassionally get little white swellings that don't go away, sometimes for a few years (then they mysteriously go) I had a cluster of them right near my eye and was making enquiries with my doctor about having them removed when they mysteriously vanished (after three years). I'd have that kind of cosmetic surgery. Oh and of course I dye my hair from time to time....not surgery but a cosmetic change.

Other than that, no, I wouldn't have any cosmetic sugery. I was slightly self-conscious about having no cleavage for years. I've reconciled myself with my body and it no longer bothers me. At no point during the time I was bothered by it would I have gone under the knife for it. I also have a bump on my nose that I think is well ugly, but I would never have a nose job.

Basically anything that actually alters your basic form does not appeal to me and the closer to actual surgery (anaesthetics and scalpels) that the procedure gets the more uneasy I am about it. I don't see much of a 'moral' distinction between what I am prepared to do (enamels and spot removal) and the full on cosmetic surgical procedures (reshaping or augmenting body parts). I would be very uneasy about anything that fundamentally altered my form. I think that's why I was ok with veneers.....my teeth are still the same under there. The idea of altering the shape of my face appalls me even though there are parts of my face I dislike. The face in the mirror is me, I don't want to alter who I see.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
glatt

No, but I can imagine certain situations where I would.

If my teeth were crooked, I'd get braces.
If I had a cleft palate, I'd want it corrected.

things like that.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #6
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I think cleft palate is more than just cosmetic, it's medically advisable.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #7
glatt

Sure, but it looks like hell too, and I would want that fixed even if it wasn't medically necessary.

Last edited by glatt; 06-03-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
Cloud

sure, if I could afford it. some kind of face lift, probably--the jaw softens with age.

Perry Winkle--do you regret the scars from the removal of your excess skin?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

I think if I had something cut off, I'd keep it in a big jar. Wouldn't that be fun to show to guests?

Hey, look at what I have in this jar! Guess what that is! Sure you can touch it.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #10
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I have this little rock embedded in my cheek from a bike accident when I was 14. I have not had it removed but I like to creep people out by making them feel it.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I'm thinking of having the bags under my eyes "adjusted." They are pretty bad and make me look almost my age - :P

Anyone know anything about this?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

I think you should keep the bags. They're useful for carrying stuff.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
glatt

I had a funny mole that looked like a nipple right on my cheek. I had it removed because it was a pain to shave around but I think partly because it looked like a nipple. It was even pointy. Dermatologist just scraped it off with a razor thing. I could have done it at home with a straight razor if I had known that's how you do it.

Then he cut a big mole off my back because it was suspicious. That one hurt for a while. I decided I don't like being cut.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #14
monster
I hear them call the tide

I fantasize about losing the excess skin from my pregnancies, but I think I'm too chicken. I keep hoping to wake up and it will all be gone -and the beer belly too! Can you wear it away with sex? Cause I fantasize about that too.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I have a slightly crooked smile that frightens small children.

I want a nice smile. Veneers are a good idea too, I have eroded enamel on my front teeth and the addition might close up those spaces on my right side that trap food too easily. If only there was an operation to thicken hair (I have a low hair count of about 50,000). I'm not balding, it's just thin and fine...unable to hold any style at all.