The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #136
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Well, together they are 16 so I guess it's ok.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #137
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
This begs the question, nature vs. nurture papa? Heh, heh, heh !!
I think it is nature not being stifled by nurture. The inch is a lot smoother already than I ever was or will be. A few weeks ago he was giving his sitter a shoulder rub, then putting his hand on her shoulder and looking smolderingly into her eyes.

I can hardly pull that off with my own wife, but then I had a decidely wierd upbringing where those sorts of things were stifled.

So I say it's a mix of both.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #138
rkzenrage

There is a new Finn story... omg, I need help.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:15 AM   #139
Griff
still says videotape

That boy has a great future... hell he has a great now.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #140
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Does he give lessons??
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #141
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
There is a new Finn story... omg, I need help.

nope, seems youre doing fine.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #142
Hyoi
Faithful Companion

My eldest daughter, now fully grown, had a thing for Kenny Rogers when she was four or five. She loved to sing his version of Lucille, but it came out like this:

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille
Four hundred children and a crop in the field
Old 03-31-2007, 03:12 PM   #143
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

a friend's son had an awful time teething. he would bite chunks out of ordinary teethers, so he tried to find a solid silver victorian teether. no success. he also tried engineering works for steel rings. no success, but they suggested stainless surgical steel. so he went to a body piercing shop and bought a wide diameter circular ring. yeah youve guessed it : his son was teethed on a large cock - ring.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:23 PM   #144
rkzenrage

Quote:
Our saga continues…

So I have a “conversation” with my little man that it is inappropriate to touch others without their permission. I worry that he has not heard a word that I have said even though he looked me in the eye and said he understood…even giving me the gratuitous, “trust me” that I have heard one too many times from the opposite sex. (Rob: I do not endorse this statement, but, Finn does say that a lot and it is usually a lie)

Well, we go to Toys R Us two days ago to pick out a swimming pool for him since he has been begging me for one and it has been upward of 90 degrees almost every day this week. He was a perfect angel in the store and when we get to the cash register, he continues by helping to put all of the merchandise on the counter. The check-out clerk is a beautiful Spanish lady that looks to be about 18-19 years-old…a real sweet thing.
Finn looks at her and says, “I need to tell you something.” When she asks him, “what?”, he replies, “I want to give you a kiss.” Oh brother. Here we go again.
Well, at least he asked this time so I guess he did listen to our talk. Anyway, the girl turns to me and looks to me as if to ask permission to kiss him, saying, “He wants to give me a kiss.”
I say to her, “Lady, if you want to open up that box, go for it.” So she leans over and presents her cheek to him. Cheek? Finn, being the Don Juan that he is, reaches up, touches her chin and gently moves it over to kiss her on the lips and lays a very nice medium length kiss on her, full on the lips. This, in no way, resembled a peck.
She smiles and says, “Why, that is the best kiss I have ever had!” She adds, “You are so handsome!”
Finn grins all full of himself and says, “Yes and strong too!” He then, shows her his bulging bicep. “Here, feel my muscle,” he quips. “Oh my,” says the cashier.
Finn then quickly, holds up his leg to show the impressed woman his equally huge calf muscle stating, “Here, feel my leg, it’s strong too!” The cashier declines but tells him that he is the cutest boy she has ever seen. Finn states clearly "I know."
I state that he would like to think he is and we leave the store.
As we leave, Finn tells her that he loves her.

What am I going to do? Really?
He tried this on the pretty lady at Albersons this morning, mom would not let him kiss her, he has a cold.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:26 PM   #145
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
a friend's son had an awful time teething. he would bite chunks out of ordinary teethers, so he tried to find a solid silver victorian teether. no success. he also tried engineering works for steel rings. no success, but they suggested stainless surgical steel. so he went to a body piercing shop and bought a wide diameter circular ring. yeah youve guessed it : his son was teethed on a large cock - ring.
That is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard!!!!
I would give my little toe for a picture of that. I am not exaggerating.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:18 PM   #146
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
That is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard!!!!
I would give my little toe for a picture of that. I am not exaggerating.

i thought it was pretty cool when he told me about it. if his son wasnt 12 years old now, i would ask my mate if i could get a photo of it for a friend in Florida.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #147
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

A couple days ago I checked out the CD "Hilary Hahn Plays Bach" from the library. I was showing it to Mrs. Dallas when our son walked by, caught it out of the corner of his eye, and did a double-take. "Hey, is that Hilary Duff??"
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #148
Hime
Extraordinary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
A couple days ago I checked out the CD "Hilary Hahn Plays Bach" from the library. I was showing it to Mrs. Dallas when our son walked by, caught it out of the corner of his eye, and did a double-take. "Hey, is that Hilary Duff??"
Hey, tell him yes and he may develop an appreciation for baroque music!
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:48 AM   #149
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Ahhh, music.

From the other room I heard a ... a ... chipmunks / Weird Al sounding rendition of a familiar tune. By the time I got to the source in the living room, SonofV was cracking up and the music was over. I looked at the screen and it showed a bunch of stills of slugs, menu choices from the bonus features section of the newly acquired Flushed Away dvd (a very funny movie). I asked him "What was that!?" And he looked at me with that is-this-a-trick-question? look on his face, and answered in all seriousness "Miserlou, dad".

I 'bout choked. Of course he was right, the little guys were doing a cover of Dick Dale's masterpiece. They really really *are* paying attention. w00T!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #150
monster
I hear them call the tide

Thor (5) has just learned that sentences need a pyramid at the end.

Tags
humor