The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #16
jinx
Come on, cat.

I'm just praying Stacy doesn't flash us her toilet again...
Old 11-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

ooo-I miss StacyV--in a rather ambiguous way...

I liked her---she hated me. Was V. weird.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #18
busterb
NSABFD

In a word No. I have a sign on my fridge that states. "If you write in dust, please don't date it."
Old 11-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #19
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I'll bet any one of you cunt's that no man will tread on this thread! waddya say?

Dollars or Pounds?

I do most of the house-keeping/cooking/washing at home. What really pisses me off is the total inability of the Current Wife or Wicked StepDaughter to load the dishwasher from the back. Yes, I know it's a not the end of the world, but......
Old 11-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #20
busterb
NSABFD

But hey, my dishes are clean. Dotty licks each and every one for me.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:34 PM   #21
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

lol! well, I guess that's an idea too.... just leave 'em out for our five cats to lick clean.... and they would, too, given half a chance....

(although, finding a horizontal surface free enough might be problematical....)
Old 11-20-2006, 07:35 PM   #22
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcGee
Dollars or Pounds?
you think I'm stupid? Pounds!

Anyway--can't believe your cardigan charm cannot overcome? Even with leatherette buttons?

Kinda hot, no?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #23
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

I can stand the heat......
Old 11-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The things I use, get dusted. The more often they're used, the more often they're dusted.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:01 PM   #25
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

With 9 indoor and 2 indoor/outdoor kitties, every flat surface is dusted by them;

I only dust the tv and shelves they can't get onto. I like to sweep the kitchen regularly and mop about once/week. I vacuum almost daily, but with this many kitties, I need to.
I also try to just pick one or two chores so I don't feel overwhelmed. For the most part, PUPA (pick up put away) goes a long way towards making a house look tidy.
hh
Old 11-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #26
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I'll bet any one of you cunt's that no man will tread on this thread! waddya say?
Au contraire, girly-girl. I spent a goodly portion of my Sunday afternoon scrubbing toilets and putting in the make-it-blue tablets, taking out trash, loading the dishwasher, pulling gacky hair out of the bathroom sink plunger/stopper dealie, and other minor domestic chores. Next weekend, I will sweep and vacuum the hardwood and furniture.

I do domestic. I'm a *real* man.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #27
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted
With 9 indoor and 2 indoor/outdoor kitties, every flat surface is dusted by them;
Holy shit. We're gonna read about you in the Strange News column in about thirty years, aren't we?

Hell, I'd have elevendy sebben cats, too, if I could.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #28
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I am very concerned about the blatant disregard for cleanliness displayed by all of you.

Don't you know that germs can kill you? You need to spend more time cleaning and less time surfing the net. Just imagine how clean your house could be if you spent your cellar time cleaning!

If you all left to do your housework I could then sit here and talk to myself all day long.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:21 PM   #29
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hi Gurlz, I am a house husband, I cook everyday, I do laundry every week, I clean and dust on a daily basis, and find the time to work 6 hours a day. I do all this between 5am and 6 pm. So Bri don't think that us XY types are incapable of housework, I do this so keryx and I can do better things than house work when she is off.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:57 PM   #30
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Holy shit. We're gonna read about you in the Strange News column in about thirty years, aren't we?
Oh, you just might! I feel like a cat-lady in training...
Honest, I don't go looking for them, they seem to find us on their own quite well enough. Though I must say all but one were a rescue from a desperate situation and Hubby brought home more than half. Not a LOT more, but definitely more than 50%.
I find that with this many kitties, I have pared down my home and don't have a lot of little knick-knacks of clutter and most things are put away to keep the kitties out of them so the house looks tidy.
hh