The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 08-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Stand up or GTFO.

Kapernick can suck it. So can the pc media that is afraid to offend anyone by treating an asshole like an asshole.

You wanna take a political stance? Fine. Do it in a political arena. Retire from the game and join Black Lives Matter with your woman. Refuse to honor the country that makes your rich man life style possible and you look like a hypocritical asshole.

Why not burn a flag, Colin, ya cunt?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

The niners might have cut him for being bad at his job, but now they'll have to consider the reaction of the public if they do. He has regressed steadily since losing the super bowl, and lost his job to Gabbert. I hope they have the bawls to make their football decisions without feeling pressure from the pussified public opinion.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:27 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

I stand when its played so I don't offend anyone who has served. It is however just a flag and just a song and the values they supposedly and apparently less and less over time actually represent include free speech. I was that dick who sat through the flag worship in high school. All this nationalistic bullshit makes it easier for politicians to get young people killed. When this country does great things the flag and the song stir me. When this country does terrible things and tries to wrap it in a flag it does not. I don't know Colin from Adam and I think Black Lives Matters should have added "too" to their name but we do have things to talk about in this country and he maybe just isn't feeling that Hitler Youthy right now. Does it not strike anyone else as strange that we do the SSB with full military regalia before private for profit events? If they sang it in German we'd all reflect.

just me being a dick
Old 08-30-2016, 06:49 AM   #4
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I don't think you're being a dick, Griff.
I don't think LJ is either to be fair.

We don't have the same issues with flag & anthem over here, so for me it was a really peculiar thing to read about. A piece of cloth and a song?
But then also - a country that still feels so divided?
And then again a young man paid more than I will EVER earn in my life making such a pathetic gesture? If you care that much little boi, go out and DO something. Give some of your lovely loot to the families who are affected, and stand up with everyone else and keep your mouth shut.

But what do I know? I'm sat in a public funded library. I can afford to eat thanks to the Government benefits and a generous friend. I've just had 16 days in hospital I didn't pay a penny for.
And I was born white and English, and if I believed in God I'd thank him for that. Except maybe I might ask to be Welsh. And to have had an intolerance to alcohol.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #5
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

this
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2016, 07:55 AM   #6
glatt

The NFL is entertainment. If he's pissing off the viewers so they stop watching, then that hurts the NFL and if he hurts the NFL more than he helps them, he's gonna get kicked to the curb.

Our country is fairly divided. If we can be reminded now and then that we are all Americans and in this together, I think that's a good thing. I've got no problem with the flag stuff at games. I think it's nice.

I don't like the military stuff at games. The military is only a small fraction of what this country is about. It's a recruiting gig for them. Business. Plain and simple, just like the NFL is business, plain and simple.

He's a fool. We are all talking about him and not his cause.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
I don't like the military stuff at games. The military is only a small fraction of what this country is about. It's a recruiting gig for them. Business. Plain and simple, just like the NFL is business, plain and simple.
Guess what oh you'll never guess I'll just tellya.

Honoring the troops? Jet fly-over? Flag ceremony? The military pays the NFL for all that stuff.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #8
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

I prefer someone who wraps themself up in the flag. And then burns the flag. It make a better show.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #9
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I clearly remember what happened with Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf 20 years ago.

I love our country, and am happy to stand up during the National Anthem. But I also understand why someone like Colin Kaepernick takes issue with that. This is one of the best articles I've seen that talks about it: http://theundefeated.com/features/ta...tional-anthem/

Ultimately, Kaepernick has the right to protest (and it is protected by his employers), and you have the right to be pissed about the situation. But I ask you to think about this: we are blessed with so many freedoms in this country, and yet, we are so outraged that someone is exercising such a freedom.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."--Evelyn Beatrice Hall
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'd like to see the fans exercise their right to stand up and turn their backs to him when he takes the field.

Respect the people who made it possible for you to have free speech.

Or GTFO.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #11
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Respect the people who made it possible for you to have free speech.
Forced speech is an odd way to respect free speech.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:00 PM   #12
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Fine. I just don't like the guy.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:00 PM   #13
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
And to have had an intolerance to alcohol.
It would seem that do.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:37 PM   #14
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

If someone wants to protest the country by not standing while the national anthem is being played, that's fine. If that person has a serious accident and someone else wants to protest the telephone company by not calling 911 for them, that's fine too. What goes around comes around.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:01 PM   #15
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Or if someone was to miss a block on a blitzing linebacker...