The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #16
Griff
still says videotape

That doesn't give me the creeps but its pretty cool! Neat little science experiment in your own digestive tract.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

UT, can I get a bigger font for my TMI!!! TMI!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #18
mrnoodle
bent

All too true. The pic is a GIS for "tapeworm", not my particular specimen. Mine didn't have a head on it. I suppose it could conceivably still be in there somewhere, although I'm asymptomatic if it is. I think the next time I go in to the doctor's I will ask about it and see if I should take an anti-parasite drug to kill it off, just in case. He wasn't concerned when it happened, so I doubt he'll be concerned now.

I kind of thought it was cool, but I figured those with buggish type phobias would freak out
Old 11-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #19
glatt

Your story reminds me of the first part of this story I read years ago. The second part of this story occurs when the protagonist takes a pill to kill the worm, and the rest of it comes out. All 500 feet (exaggeration) of it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #20
mrnoodle
bent

DAMMIT. thanks alot. I'm calling the doctor today. or maybe tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #21
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Well Fuck moodle - way to cure my crush on you
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #22
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
The doctor said it probably came from a dog or cat, or perhaps eating too-raw meat.
Yeesh. Well, the summer after my senior year in high school, IBM gave my school a grant to develop some educational software, and they hired students to do it. I lived 3 hours away from the school, so they lent me a PC (Turbo Pascal 3.0 and True Basic! Oh, yeah!!! ) I would write software and visit campus a couple times a month for updates etc. It was a great summer job. Though my mother sometimes had trouble with the concept that I had to work and just because I was at home did not mean I was free to do whatever I (or she) wanted.

So one day it's getting toward the end of the summer and Dad was planning to set our gutter to drain out past the edge of our property into a ditch by the simple expedient of putting a pipe in under the grass. I really didn't feel too hot so I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. Mom came in and informed me that "You WILL wake up, and you WILL get out there and help your father."

So I did. We're talking a ditch, 6 inches wide, 8 inches deep, 25? feet long? I forget, but it was enough to take the pipe all the way out to the edge of the yard, and digging it (plus laying the pipe & covering it up) took us all day in the August heat of North Carolina. When we were done at about 5 PM I came inside, took a shower and flopped down on my bed. Around 9:30 PM I woke up, stumbled to the kitchen, got a drink, mumbled something to the effect that, "No thanks Mom, I'm really not hungry," and went back to bed.

Now at this point Mom's alarm bells must have been exploding. The fact that I was a) sleeping at this time of day--regardless of how much work I had put in--and b) refusing food when I hadn't eaten since lunch, and when as a 17-year-old boy I normally inhaled the contents of a refrigerator two or three times a day, must have been truly scary. I'd like to think that at this point she had some regrets over forcing me to get out of bed and work all day. But being a parent of a couple scam artists myself, I can't judge her too harshly.

The next morning (I was still asleep) she dragged me out of bed again, this time to go to the doctor. She was convinced that I had mono. The doctor poked me a bit and said, no, doesn't look like mono. Appendicitis is a distinct possibility. Now mom had a mild freak-out at this, but I was quite happy. You see, it was less than two weeks before the start of classes at the university. A case of mono put me in grave danger of missing enough of the semester that I might just as well not start. Whereas appendicitis ought to be a pretty quick fix, and get me off to classes on time. I dismissed any potential risks from having surgery, at least for something as routine as an appendectomy.

So that's what was going through our respective heads while we were waiting for the blood tests to come back. But no, that wasn't it at all. "You have worms," proclaimed the doctor. "Probably ate at a restaurant where the waiter hadn't washed his hands." He prescribed some medicine that he said would kill everything off, and sure enough I felt better within the day.

Fast Forward another week and I'm back off to the school for my final project meeting.. the project director and I hit a Chinese restaurant that we'd eaten at several times before. As we wait for a table, I notice behind the counter.... a certificate on the wall... "Sanitation Grade B"... "Ron," I said, "Let's go. We're eating somewhere else." "Why, what's up?" "We just are. I'll tell you later."
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #23
Flint
Snowflake

10" of worm up your ass...

Attached Images

expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #24
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Good Lord....I knew I shouldn't have been eating while I was reading this thread. I'll never be able to have a hot pocket again....
Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #25
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyVixen
Good Lord.... I'll never be able to have a hot pocket again....
Old 11-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #26
barefoot serpent
go ahead, abbrev. it

hot pocket it's something you eat...

umm... I mean, out of a box...

oh, n/m
Old 11-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #27
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

muahahaha I'm addicted to that hot pocket skit in the links thread, my friends think I'm weird because I just burst out with "hot pocketttttt" periodically.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #28
Flint
Snowflake

Jim Gaffigan?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #29
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

uhuh I think thats him, funny as!!

Hot pockets arent very popular over here, but I had the misfortune of trying one and they are just blerg!!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #30
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Back in October 2005, I was going to Madison Wi. for surgery, I had been eating Vicoden for pain For months, and was CONSTIPATED bad. after nearly a month of hit and miss in the head, I was in intense pain. I spent a day walking around the Tomah Wi. VAMC and drinking water, I passed a BRICK. A turd the size of 2, 12 oz soda cans placed side by side. Their was rosemary leaves and stems in there. I had not used rosemary in at least 6 weeks.
The rest of the story, is over the course of 3 hours the rest of this monster came out.
If you would like I will tell you about pumping out gallons of puss from my hydritinitas eruptions.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote