The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #31
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Bugs bugs bugs, hundreds, thousands of them scurrying around.

And cars sliding around on the interstate.

Typical pre-work week stress dreams. Ugh.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:35 AM   #32
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Were they sliding around because all the bugs got squished and were slippery? Or were you driving and the bugs were crawling on everyone and making them wreck?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #33
infinite monkey

Two separate dreams. But tonight I'll probably dream about bugs on the highway. Thanks, man.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #34
HungLikeJesus

Tonight you should watch Them before you go to bed.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Mrsdigr is probably also grateful.
No Mrsdigr, but, Baby was a bit confused for a while...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #36
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Tonight you should watch Them before you go to bed.
The poster/video cover of that film gave me the screaming abdabs.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #37
HungLikeJesus

Is that something like a hiccup?

Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #38
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

There's only one kind of dream that really freaks me out, and it's one of those that occur right on the cusp of waking. Had one yesterday in fact and it left me a little off-kilter all day.

Full on nightmares, that have you running for your life and waking up with your heart in your mouth generally leave me exhilarated rather than freaked out, but that little waking dream that sometimes hits and has done intermittently since I was quite young really unsettles me.

It's quite a simple dream. I wake, I do not recognise my surroundings, I am somehow enclosed. The setting isn't always exactly the same, and it's difficult to describe. But it is usually an empty space, with smooth curved walls, or it is a tentlike place. Flowing cloth with no gaps, no way out. All of this is known but I cannot actually see more than slight impressions. A sense of mounting claustrophobia and panic. There is something. A presence of some kind. Or the fear of a future presence, imminent, dark and threatening. Not sure...it shifts from dream to dream.

I know if I can get the light, I'm ok. At some level I must know I'm waking and if I can get the light switch near my bed I'll be awake and will be able to see...see what, of course is not known.

Usually, this is only a momentary thing. Sometimes it goes on a little too long for comfort and I am at near panic by the time I get the light switch and am reconnected with my actual location.

Verrrry occasionally, it goes on long enough to become dread. This happened yesterday. I was trying to find the switch, it wasn't there. My hand didn't come up against the reasurringly cold and hard surface of my bedroom wall or the rough-hewn and solid wood of my bedside table. There was just air. Just..space. It was real. An impression (never more than that) of smooth curving walls. A cold sense of shock as the dream didn't end. A much deeper panic. And, somehow a sense of having returned to somewhere. And again the fear of a nearby or future presence.

And then I did get to the light. Bit vague about the details and chronology, or how that chronology felt to me...but it seemed to take a longer time than usual to get my bearings again. I stumbled off to the loo, then got back in bed and fell back to sleep for an hour or so.

When I was getting up later that morning, though i hadn't had the dream again, and had slept well in the interim, I still felt unsettled, a bit jumpy. At which point I noticed that instead of it all just going on in my head until the moment I reach for the switch, this time I had actually got out of bed because the radio ipod dock on the other side of the (admittedly quite small) room had been knocked to the floor, its wires trailing behind it.

Last edited by DanaC; 10-31-2011 at 03:08 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #39
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

This morning I has a quasi-sexual dream.
It should have been real full on exy-sexy due to the content, but in physical and emotional terms it was chaste.

I was with a couple (m/f) and was getting ready to go to bed with both of them.
In the dream, I'd already had sex with them separately.
I was dressing up, and everything I tried on looked so good on me! I couldn't decide whether to wear knickers to be a tease, or to turn them on by going commando like a slut.

Interspersed with all this was memories of the old shopping centre in town and the old market. I seemed to be trying to buy exciting "marital aids" while the old Friars Square (so grim it was featured in A Clockwork Orange) was in its death throes.

The dream ended with the man not taking it seriously.
We'd just been about to get it on. I was anticipating penetration (something that never actually happens in my dreams) and he started groaning in a regular pattern.
Hrrrrrrrrrrh! Hrrrrrrrrrrh! Hrrrrrrrrrrh!

My mobile phone - used as an alarm clock - vibrating on the bedside table.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #40
wolf
lobber of scimitars

A Clockwork Orange? That is so way cooler than pointing out that I live near the locations for The Trouble with Angels and Where Angels Go Trouble Follows.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #41
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

It's a cool anecdote NOW, sure.
But I grew up in a town that was suffered so badly from planning blight that it was used as visual shorthand in a distopian film.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #42
infinite monkey

I had the coolest dream early this morning.

It's so fuzzy, though I tried to go over it a few times while it was more clear.

It had something to do with some kind of force taking all our light. I was looking out a window at sky scrapers, and it was all dark, and we knew we were under some kind of attack.

There was a guy, not any real guy I know, and we were trying to find each other. There was an incredible feeling of love. We got married at one point, I guess figuring the world was about to end anyway.

Then I looked out the window and all the skyscrapers had bright sun reflecting off them. But we knew it was a trick. If you reached out you could still touch the dark, through the windows.

But somehow this guy and I fixed it. Or so we thought. The last I remember, there was a girl with a frisbee or plate. She flung it through the space under a door, and we could hear it picking up speed, taking off, and crashing into something.

I wish we could videotape our dreams.

I did wake up before that, earlier, and thought I saw someone standing over me, right next to my face. This is a common dream, and I usually wake up yelling. But this time somehow I knew it wasn't real. I waited to wake up enough to see it was just shadows, and went back to sleep.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #43
Lamplighter

IM, maybe you were just revisiting Dana's post ?
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #44
infinite monkey

I don't know. I don't see the relation: there is nothing I think will be 'missing' anytime soon.

I think the dark/light city thing was from it being completely dark and gloomy yesterday, so much so that we were commenting on it from our office windows.

The 'guy' is probably just some unfulfilled fantasy of finding that kind of warmth.

The frisbee? No idea.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #45
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I went to bed knowing I hadn't set my alarm clock.
I figured I usually woke up early enough for it not to matter. My phone was on charge downstairs and I was wonderfully sleepy.
My conscious mind forgot this in the night, probably because Diz had forgotten his manners and I kept having to shove him down the bed and hiss at him to stop him catwalking my pillow*

But I dreamt that I didn't want to go to work.
That I hated work and was just putting on a facade because I didn't want to be a failure again.
I dreamed it was nearly 09.00 and I had to phone in sick otherwise it would be suspicious. But would it also be suspicious after I'd blagged a day off this week (in reality this was officially sanctioned leave for the funeral)
I also dreamed that there was a serious situation in the playground I'd forgotten to report. It wasn't clear in the dream - bullying, racist language, serious injury. But I knew I'd glossed over it, and that it was about to come out into the open...

A fitful night's sleep.

Back to reality, after my rough treatment of Diz the night before - which he did actually deserve - he saved my bacon by waking me up at 07.30.
45 minutes after my alarm would usually go off, but that's mostly to enjoy a leisurely breakfast before my parents get up.

* I don't hurt Diz. But ignoring him has no effect. I have to bundle him down the bed.
I only snuggle with him now when the bedside light is on. He can sleep with me (and often does) but no stroking or acknowledgement once it's off.

Last edited by Sundae; 11-17-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote