The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 10-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #181
bmwmcaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065
No evasion here. I just disagree with your "opinions" and I continue to do so. Your opinions are faulty, illogical and antiquated. And that is nothing more than my opinion. I no longer feel the need nor point in arguing about it. Its like trying to convice someone in the 13th century that, indeed, the world is round.
Oh and by the way - it is.
You need another slogan for your user name.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #182
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmcaw
You need another slogan for your user name.

Gasp! You're not engaging in name calling, are you? Gasp!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #183
bmwmcaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Gasp! You're not engaging in name calling, are you? Gasp!

HUH?

I'm not the one making the claim Yesman makes, I am simply stating his slogan is unjustified. Now how is taking that position "name calling?" Its no wonder your having a difficult time with my post, you don't understand what your reading

Last edited by bmwmcaw; 10-06-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #184
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

I stand by my last post -
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #185
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmcaw
I am simply stating his slogan is unjustified. Now how is taking that position "name calling?"
You implied he isn't a "Deep Thinker" . . . so you were either name-calling (then) or hair-splitting (now). Take your pick.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #186
bbro
Insert witty comment here

You know, I was going to post a whole bunch of stuff just rebutting all of the stuff that has been said by bmw, but then I got to thinking....You gets your stats from Cosmo (Oh, yea, that’s scientific and no, it wouldn’t make a difference if it was coming from Maxim) and the Kinsey (not Kinsley) report which is over 50 years old, but the CDC data from 2005 is not credible because all people lie no matter what. Well, then how are your arguments so truthful? Why can’t people lie to Cosmo and Kinsey *gasp!*

He doesn't concede to any valid points being made, there have been many. It is like arguing with a child (not name calling, but a comparison). They are right no matter what is presented to them, ignoring valid statistics for those that fuel your argument. You make it impossible to even debate the issue or converse about it because no one is right but you.

All I have to say on the subject is that to have this much hate for women, someone, some where must have fucked you up royally, and for that, I feel sorry for you.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #187
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

heh... geez I ought to plumb the depths of the cellar more often than I have been.. might need some cleaning out down here.. anywhoo, not that the original thread topic is in any way shape or form still being addressed.. having degenerated into name calling and hair splitting (which I have to say is 1/2 the fun of the internet). no. I do not believe that a persons sexual past/history ought ot be a point of contention in a relationship.. I mean we all have done things we're not proud of.. some more times than others, then again.. If you worked in a donkey show in mexico. .I think that ought to come up at some point fairly ealry in the relationship. then again one never knows what another person might find attractive or stimulating? so I suppose it depends on what the nature of the relationship is. (serious/fuck-buddies etc.) and what the presons involved might view as a 'future' and in what context that relationship evolves..... anywhoo! cat on lap typing difficult must go..
Old 10-07-2006, 05:53 AM   #188
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

You're right cowhead. At least, in my opinion you are. I'd also add that if you're just fuck buddies, then there's got to be an advantage to having a partner with vast and varied experience right? And if you're serious, then of course you'd never judge the person for what came before. Only what cums next.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #189
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

[quote=bmwmcaw I am simply stating his slogan is unjustified. [QUOTE]

You're the judge? YOU know best? Your statements are laughable to say the least, your thinking warped and your mind a dank and dreary place.

I'm done with you, you misogynistic ape! Done!

(howzat for name calling? And I didn't even mention your lack of basic spelling and grammar! You're welcome.)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 10-07-2006, 08:17 AM   #190
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
You implied he isn't a "Deep Thinker" . . . so you were either name-calling (then) or hair-splitting (now). Take your pick.

Oh, ps--thanks for trying to explain it to him, Flint, but I don't think he grasps abstract meanings or concepts.

—James Barrie

Old 10-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #191
9th Engineer
Bioengineer and aspiring lawer

Quote:
I mean we all have done things we're not proud of
I would judge someone taking this attitude much differently than someone taking the attitude that they had every right to do what they did and don't give a damn what you think about it (which seems to be commonly voiced here). A big chunk of the rhetoric being thrown by Shawnee and the like is that anyone who thinks that a persons history has any impact on the here and now is a bigot and ought to just bring themselves up to date and shut up. That's really the attitude I've been fighting against here.
I believe that everyone is a conglomaration of all past experiences, none of which ever go away and all of which are relevent to predicting a persons future behavior. We got sidetracked for a while on whether or not everyone cares about the predicted outcome, but none-the-less it is there.
Even if you love someone deeply you would have to be a complete fool to disregard their past. Doing so will lead to nothing but heartache and leave you on the side of the road wondering "why?!?...". Love by itself, especially any love less than a decade old and strong, is the weakest hinge on which to hang a commitment like marrige. Like it or not, love does not conquer all. The only place this exists is in fantasy and movie scripts.
In the end, you have to base your choices on what people do, not what they say. We often take that advice in dealing with people in other ways, it also applies to relationships, commitments, and sex.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #192
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

I agree with you, 9th Engineer. Of course, people are a conglomeration of their past experiences.

However, just what is meant by "sexual history"? The number of times? The number of partners? For me that means nothing.

On the other hand, if "sexual history" includes the quality of the relationships - if there was meanness or deceit of some kind of other bad action, then that is certainly relevant. However, it is a bit hard to know that until it is too late, unless you have some kind of independent knowledge of what the person has done.
joelnwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #193
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Wow! and I was beginning to think I was fighting this all alone - thanks all.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #194
rkzenrage

Wow.... I sure have had a very different life, when it came to sex, than others!
Women did not "own" sex. Both of us were in there and both of us wanted it equally... actually, often, they pursued me.
I have never felt jealous of any past lovers and never cared about previous history because I had no right to complain due to my previous exploits & would not want them to feel bad about them. The sex they had had nothing to do with me any more than my previous experiences had anything to do with them.
It is absolutely simple.
Double standards are games... I don't do games.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #195
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

This guy is hysterical. Apparently, we are seeing first hand the symptoms of semen poisoning...