The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-25-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

So, Whadja Get?

Whether it was from Santa, Odin, or Herschel the Hanukah Elf, most folks here are playing with some new goodies or another ...

I got ...

Two Sudoku books (from my sister's cats. They get me something every year because I send them the finest in catnip filled novelties. I usually get something from the presidential collection, but the Arnies and Hillaries were sold out this year. They loved their series of Bill Clintons, which seemed to have the highest concentration of catnip in the crotch. This year they got a Spongebob and some nice chaserballs with bells in them because loud toys drive my sister nuts on her hardwood floors.)

Chronicles of Narnia Video Game

Moosehide slippers from LL Bean

The Star Trek Enterprise Ornament from Hallmark

DVDS: National Treasure, The Producers (Original), Phantom of the Opera (AL Weber), Airport "Terminal Pack" (all three Airport films. I really wanted it for the original, and this is the only way you can get it in Widescreen format.)

Cash (which is going to be going towards the Palm T|X that I bought myself)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:08 AM   #2
marichiko

A Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2005, 02:35 AM   #3
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

several wonderful things!

money!

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:16 AM   #4
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Coupla good-looking books: Heraldry for Designers and Craftspeople and Wonders of the Sky: Observing Rainbows, Comets, Eclipses, the Stars, and Other Phenomena. Then we ate ourselves dozy on baked ham and sweet potatoes and salad -- simple and ample.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:49 AM   #5
staceyv
Lecturer

I got this- What is it, a roach clip?
(See next post for last pic)
Attached Images

staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:50 AM   #6
staceyv
Lecturer

Last one:

(By the way, I don't smoke weed)
Attached Images

staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:10 AM   #7
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

From sons: Book called 'Cycling France' - lots of 2-3 day tours throughout France (who would have guessed....?), Lance Armstrong auto-bio: 'It's not about the bike', plus some dosh towards either a new laptop (this one is now nearly 6 years old) or maybe a new bike (fancy a hybrid as, much as I love the old Raleigh, I just cannot venture off hard tarmacked roads).

From beloved one: Cashmere woolly (bit of a poser at heart), indoor mocassins (slippersreally, but Ted Baker, of course - told you I was a poser) and good old standby shirt.

From wife: no, only joking...!

Last edited by Cyclefrance; 12-26-2005 at 04:12 AM.
Cyclefrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:12 AM   #8
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Previously mentioned media player, a nice, fuzzy robe, some new work shirts, a tape measure and lots of quality time with my family.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:31 AM   #9
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

a cotton throw that features the lake I went to every summer in Maine (Tripp Lake--more of a pond, actually) a silver ring, earrings (tigers eye and malachite; sp?) Amy Brown print, out-of-print book from childhood: PRINCE BERTRAM THE BAD; DVD: The Trouble with Angels (thanks for reminding me, wolf), book: COTTAGE WITCHERY, handmade plant stand from son number one, stone gargoyle who is reading a book. Ahhhhhhhh! Nice haul!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:19 PM   #10
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

A small pen camera. I also bought three heated car mugs, one of which I gave myself.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #11
Lucy
Colloquialist

An Olympus E-500 with carrying case. The durned thing is smarter then I am.
Some nice scented candles, a few lottery tickets, my perfume, new slippers, chocolate truffles, a couple nice light weight cardigans, a pasta holder with utensils and olive oil...a couple gift cards..some new non-fading pens to mark on plant tags.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #12
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

I got the new 60GB IPod with pix and video support. The display is stunning. What fun!

I really had fun giving my wife her presents. My daughter shopped with me to get things my wife wouldn't get for herself. We got her a silky blouse in medium violet that is tailored and low-cut on top yet has some room in the waist and doesn't look like maternity. A neckless of dark brass chain with lots of deep purple stones. Black bra and undies. Two shades of violet eye shadow.

As she opened things, she was shocked and laughing. Rockette and I declared it was time for a Mommy Make Over. We dressed her up and Rockette did her makeup. Mrs RS looked gorgeous. I said "I like her" and gave her a hug. She decided that she could wear all this on our date this week after all and that she felt that she really did look good in it.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:47 PM   #13
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Rent Soundtrack
The Essential Bob Dylan
Very nice poker set
Toaster oven
Cutting board (handmade)
Kitchen knife set

Very satisfying Christmas.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #14
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Two Sudoku books
Good god, that game is evil. I love it, but my brain hasn't become squishy enough to do it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
Toaster oven
Cutting board (handmade)
Kitchen knife set...
This sounds similar to my goodies. Knives and some cookbooks. I've been reassured that the other member of the household isn't attempting to take advantage of this by any means, but I'm starting to become somewhat suspicious.

...especially when I'm not even the first to open the book. "Oh! Oh! You should try making THAT one. ...or, or THAT one!..."
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:42 PM   #15
FloridaDragon
... Maintaining ....

Lots of goodies:

- new headlights for my Jeep (old ones were scratched and fogged over)
- tactical flashlight for my Kimber 45
- several computer games
- weather station (to better document those hurricanes - "my wind gauge blew away at 129 mph!")
- several football polos for some of my favorite teams (Denver, New England, Washington and Dallas)
- lots of misc stuff - bar glasses, books, booze, etc.
FloridaDragon is offline   Reply With Quote